Storage

C

Cyb6

May 18, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
What do you folks all use for storage in your units? Got a few ideas but rather hear it from a vet who’s tried different things and what their thoughts are!

thanks,
Cyb from Canada!

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I keep my wallet in my pocket, and I actually put gloves in the glovebox. Oh, and glasses, yeah, those I keep on my face!

I'm betting you will get better answers if you happen to mention what vehicle you have.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
First smart arse response I’ve gotten on here! Love to see it haha!! I’m riding a pioneer 700-4 deluxe, looking for ideas that have worked for folks and what maybe to stay away from!
I use the stock glove box but didn’t add any storage. There is a mod that you cut a hole in the rear doors and utilize the space inside. 😎

Reactions: Cyb6 and Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
First smart arse response I’ve gotten on here! Love to see it haha!! I’m riding a pioneer 700-4 deluxe, looking for ideas that have worked for folks and what maybe to stay away from!
Nice! I like your style!
Do you have pics of this P7 you speak of?
Pack out boxes are popular

Reactions: Cyb6
Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
Plano sportsman trunk strapped in bed.

Screenshot 20210520 153052

Reactions: Cyb6 and Remington
CGD

CGD

Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I bought a Milwaukee packout base plate and installed on the back of the driver side rear seat on my P1K5 and attached a packout box for tools, compressor, goggles, etc. We have taken it over some rough trails and it works great with no straps and if we need the seat the box pops off in a few seconds and I can pop up the seat.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
What do you folks all use for storage in your units? Got a few ideas but rather hear it from a vet who’s tried different things and what their thoughts are!

thanks,
Cyb from Canada!

Try this link in another thread here. There were a good many ideas.

O

onmyway

Jun 25, 2021
North Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a 48 gallon Action Packer for my P-5 and it fits perfectly. It's big, light weight and waterproof. I just strap it in the bed with ratchet straps. I got it on Amazon for $129. I hope this helps!

Honda Pioneer 1000 5 Storage Box Action Packer

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I bought a 48 gallon Action Packer for my P-5 and it fits perfectly. It's big, light weight and waterproof. I just strap it in the bed with ratchet straps. I got it on Amazon for $129. I hope this helps!

View attachment 322967 View attachment 322968
I had one of those for about a year. bought it at menards for $60 man the price has gone up! Thanks Brandon :rolleyes: Went to Plano hunting chest (much better) then to pack out (Real nice)

The issue you will find with the rubbermaid is there is no “sealing” of the top. You WILL get water, dust and mud in it. Especially once u find a way to strap it down, it compromises its form. The Plano was much stronger and has a rubber seal on the lid to keep that stuff out Plus more rigid and wont crush when u strap it down. The only draw back to all of those type of storage is that your $hit goes everywhere in them while trail riding. Looks like a hoarders house inside😂 If your going to ride just roads, should be fine. otherwise get some foam to fill it and cut it out to hold your gear secure.

Plano Storage Trunk - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TOHIJQ/?tag=sxsweb24-20

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had one of those for about a year. bought it at menards for $60 man the price has gone up! Thanks Brandon :rolleyes: Went to Plano hunting chest (much better) then to pack out (Real nice)

The issue you will find with the rubbermaid is there is no “sealing” of the top. You WILL get water, dust and mud in it. Especially once u find a way to strap it down, it compromises its form. The Plano was much stronger and has a rubber seal on the lid to keep that stuff out Plus more rigid and wont crush when u strap it down. The only draw back to all of those type of storage is that your $hit goes everywhere in them while trail riding. Looks like a hoarders house inside😂 If your going to ride just roads, should be fine. otherwise get some foam to fill it and cut it out to hold your gear secure.

Plano Storage Trunk - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TOHIJQ/?tag=sxsweb24-20
Yea it's best to make sure the boxes are filled up. No extra space at all or else stuff in there will get beat up pretty good

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yea it's best to make sure the boxes are filled up. No extra space at all or else stuff in there will get beat up pretty good
Just like beer cans in a chest! Lord knows Ive had plenty of those

Reactions: WagginTail
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just like beer cans in a chest! Lord knows Ive had plenty of those
Ha. First time we went riding years ago my buddy figured out it wasn't good idea to bring canned soda. Stick with bottles of water. No problem with those

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have some pics on the site as to what I use. Harbor Freight has some metal ammo boxes that seal really well. If the back seats are up they fit between the tailgate and the seats. Three across fits well. When the back seats are down I use rubber straps to hold them secure. I will look for the pics and post a link.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!