Winter storage for pioneer

Skyking747

Skyking747

May 6, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just curious if it is okay for a sxs to be stored in an enclosed trailer over the winter months. If so, what things should I do for winterizing? I was thinking of disconnecting the battery, filling up with full fuel and stabilizer... anything else?

Thank you!

20TAC

Jul 31, 2020
Saskatchewan, Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have stored my ATV's outside over the winter. Put a little fuel stabilizer and I like to store them with fresh oils if getting close to due. I leave the batteries in and run a battery tender on them. Seems to work well so far. I check them over the winter to be sure the batteries are good and the tires are good incase there's a slow leak in the cold.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Fresh oil if close (don't let it sit over the winter with old, dirty oil), fuel stabilizer, and a battery tender.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What they ☝️☝️☝️ said.
And, if you can not trickle charge it inside the trailer, just take the battery out.
Even unhooking it, sometimes an older battery voltage drops low enough that it will freeze.
A low/dead battery will freeze, a charged battery will not.
Have a good day

Skyking747

Skyking747

May 6, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That all makes sense... My only concern really is keeping the pioneer in my trailer all winter long @ about 2000 pounds just sitting there for about 5-6 months. Would there be any issue with the tires or even the decking in the trailer? It is a brand new dual axel enclosed.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
That all makes sense... My only concern really is keeping the pioneer in my trailer all winter long @ about 2000 pounds just sitting there for about 5-6 months. Would there be any issue with the tires or even the decking in the trailer? It is a brand new dual axel enclosed.
Travel trailers and toy haulers sit all winter long on their tires ... and you can't unload their built-in contents ... :)

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Just curious if it is okay for a sxs to be stored in an enclosed trailer over the winter months. If so, what things should I do for winterizing? I was thinking of disconnecting the battery, filling up with full fuel and stabilizer... anything else?

Thank you!
Just send it down south. I bet you could find someone to ride it all winter for you.;) ;):D

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I park mine in the trailer and take the key out....sometimes, not much else. Going on 6 years on the oem battery in the P5

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, fuel stabilizer and the battery are the only real concerns. A good mix of Sea Foam and fill the tank so you don't get condensation. Run it for 5 or 10 mins to get that stabilizer through the fuel system. As stated, keep the battery charged or take it out and store it in a warm place on a block of wood, not on concrete. That's what I do for the travel trailer batteries.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!