P1000 Street legal* accessories

Pioneer1k_LA

Pioneer1k_LA

Jun 16, 2020
Northshore, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to make my 2020 1000-5 street legal. If anyone has insight on a high quality street legal kit or components please share. I already have

-Super ATV windshield
-Seizmik Halo-RA Cast rear view
-Seizmik Pursuit side view mirrors
-SuperATV Scratch Resistant Flip Windshield

I appreciate any insight.

Pioneer 1K5

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I want to make my 2020 1000-5 street legal. If anyone has insight on a high quality street legal kit or components please share. I already have

-Super ATV windshield

View attachment 208016
How are you planning on making it street legal in Louisiana?

Reactions: BigOL3
Pioneer1k_LA

Pioneer1k_LA

Jun 16, 2020
Northshore, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How are you planning on making it street legal in Louisiana?
Well from what I gathered it can be done by getting it inspected by state police after meeting all requirements. This is what the Honda Store in Covington told me and I have another buddy who has some kind crazy looking can am with a plate. He rides it on street in Metairie? Why? what are you thinking?

Reactions: TxDoc
Pioneer1k_LA

Pioneer1k_LA

Jun 16, 2020
Northshore, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
XTC POWER PRODUCTS Plug n play Turn signal and horn kit. Vehicle specific.

License plate, lighted in rear.

Texas require orange slow moving vehicle triangle,

Other requirements vary by state.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Looks legit. Nice quality. I think this may be the one. Thanks!

Reactions: ChadD
Pioneer1k_LA

Pioneer1k_LA

Jun 16, 2020
Northshore, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well from what I gathered it can be done by getting it inspected by state police after meeting all requirements. This is what the Honda Store in Covington told me and I have another buddy who has some kind crazy looking can am with a plate. He rides it on street in Metairie? Why? what are you thinking?

Doesnt seem too complicated.

Reactions: TxDoc
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

No it doesn't. I've seen the documentation and looked into it when I bought mine. When I looked into it I was told they wouldn't pass the inspection even with the proper items/paperwork since it was at their "discretion". Very similar to what local LEO were doing for suppressors/SBR if you didn't have an LLC; they could sign at their discretion (and most wouldn't) regardless of your legal standing.

Good luck, if you get it done let us know as I'd like to do it to mine.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
They can probably cite this as well, since I don't know of any roads on the north shore that are designated for UTV use. Maybe the LSP troop on the south shore is more lenient.

"You may only operate a UTV upon a parish road or municipal street that has been designated by a municipality for use by a utility terrain vehicle."

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

-Super ATV windshield

View attachment 208016
Have you checked around to verify if La. is willing to Title/Reg an offroad SxS???

advertisement
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Did you see THIS ........ "the utility terrain vehicle may only be used upon a parish road that has been designated by a parish, or a municipal street that has been designated by a municipality, for use by a utility terrain vehicle or cross any divided highway, highway, roadway, or street with a posted speed limit in excess of thirty-five miles per hour at an intersection." ...... which means you are VERY limited on where you can ride it on public roads. Add to everything else liability Ins and Inspection sticker.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
My thoughts exactly. I can not speak with certainty today, but I KNOW for sure that when I retired you could not title a sxs for the highway in La.
Still looks to be the case. You might be able to get it inspected and pass but the DMV won't title it. There's that South Dakota loophole where they will let you title it even if you're out of state, but there is a bunch of paper work involved. I haven't looked into it in a while but they weren't being as lenient as they had in the past.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still looks to be the case. You might be able to get it inspected and pass but the DMV won't title it. There's that South Dakota loophole where they will let you title it even if you're out of state, but there is a bunch of paper work involved. I haven't looked into it in a while but they weren't being as lenient as they had in the past.
According to La. law, regardless of where any veh is originally title or where owner may live, IF the veh is in La 50% of the time it is required to be reg in La. Any SD loophole would be a temporary solution until the local LEO saw the problem.

Reactions: Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
According to La. law, regardless of where any veh is originally title or where owner may live, IF the veh is in La 50% of the time it is required to be reg in La. Any SD loophole would be a temporary solution until the local LEO saw the problem.
That's pretty much what I read. You'd be fine until you got nabbed by someone who decided to do more than just write the ticket/warning and send you on your way.

Reactions: BigOL3
Pioneer1k_LA

Pioneer1k_LA

Jun 16, 2020
Northshore, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You don't see many SD plates around here. That would draw their attention.

OK .. I talked to my buddy and heres the deal. His RZR 1000T is indeed 100% street legal. He had it inspected by state police. It met all requirements and he brought the the "yellow paper" they gave him to ABC title and was issued a plate. The bike is registered in Metairie and he drives it all around but not on highways and has never been messed with.

The conclusion it can 100% be done but not allowed on highways.

I dont see myself having any problem at all given I live in Folsom which is pretty rural. I ride mine on road all the time and I see multiple others riding there SXS on road. People just wave. But I have never seen a police while riding on street. The area I live is very rural. I have no intentions or desire to ride on busy streets. We just ride around with the kids to look at horses and other animals. I attached some photos of the RZR im talking about. He said he will take a photo of his registration and inspection sticker later for the non believers.

But now since we have settled that. Lets get back on track with the main purpose of this thread. I am looking for insight on the best quality street legal components.

Thanks guys!

SXS 2

RZR

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
OK .. I talked to my buddy and heres the deal. His RZR 1000T is indeed 100% street legal. He had it inspected by state police. It met all requirements and he brought the the "yellow paper" they gave him to ABC title and was issued a plate. The bike is registered in Metairie and he drives it all around but not on highways and has never been messed with.

The conclusion it can 100% be done but not allowed on highways.

I dont see myself having any problem at all given I live in Folsom which is pretty rural. I ride mine on road all the time and I see multiple others riding there SXS on road. People just wave. But I have never seen a police while riding on street. The area I live is very rural. I have no intentions or desire to ride on busy streets. We just ride around with the kids to look at horses and other animals. I attached some photos of the RZR im talking about. He said he will take a photo of his registration and inspection sticker later for the non believers.

But now since we have settled that. Lets get back on track with the main purpose of this thread. I am looking for insight on the best quality street legal components.

Thanks guys!

View attachment 208518

View attachment 208517
Didn't doubt it had been done or could be done; I've seen them with tags around the state before. I think you will run into a different scenario trying to do it on the Northshore.

Reactions: Pioneer1k_LA
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Also never thought of bringing it to one of the title places versus the DMV. They like money so they'll do pretty much whatever. Let us know how it goes for you.

Pioneer1k_LA

Pioneer1k_LA

Jun 16, 2020
Northshore, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Didn't doubt it had been done or could be done; I've seen them with tags around the state before. I think you will run into a different scenario trying to do it on the Northshore.
Ahhh damn! I hope you arent right! We shall see

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!