P500 Sunk my pioneer

B

Blindman74

Mar 26, 2017
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
I sunk my pioneer. I shut off immediately. No water in oil. I dried everything. When I turn key the starter engages but motor doesn't turn. Did I seaze it up? No water in oil. Is there a safety censor? Help.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you pulled the sparkplug? It's possible you got water into intake and it got into your cylinder. Trust me, you don't want it to start like that! Broken piston/bent rod is a likely outcome if it does.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Delton is right. I drounded my P500 and it took us almost 3 hrs to get her going but we pooled spark plug out in the field. My P500 is now snorkeld. ;)

Reactions: trigger
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I put mine on its driver side and the oil vent from the crank filled the intake and once upright it hydraulic locked. Took a while in the woods to get it cleaned out and running and then with an exhaust full of oil it smoked all the way home.

Drowned a Polaris Ranger once and key is to get plug out and get water out and then pour seafoam through intake to dry it our and crank it through with no spark plug. Change oil, air filter, drain every low point including exhaust and then put some Lucas in the gasoline before starting. That was a long time ago and no issues.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I saw that in the PROTC thread...nice! Didn't give any details though? o_O
Yes trigger sorry about the lak of details. We where able to sifon the water out of fuel tank and the hardest part was getting to the sparkplug to to get water out of piston. After I got home I changed the oil out of everything. I don't want that to happen again!!!!;)

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I have a stupid question since I have yet to sink(don't intend too but you never know) mine before you start having mechanical issues: What is the High Water Mark? Fuel cap, Air Intake or?

C

Chooglin

I have a stupid question since I have yet to sink(don't intend too but you never know) mine before you start having mechanical issues: What is the High Water Mark? Fuel cap, Air Intake or?
If my feet start to get wet , that's deep enough for me. This should be the safe zone without a snorkel or vent exstension's.
I'm not one that uses mine as a submarine but I do like me some mudd every now and then !

Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
If my feet start to get wet , that's deep enough for me. This should be the safe zone without a snorkel or vent exstension's.
I'm not one that uses mine as a submarine but I do like me some mudd every now and then ![/QUOTE
I'm not one that uses mine as a submarine but I do like me some mudd every now and then !

LOL, I digged into the posts a bit further. I will extend the breather for the gas tank, looks easy enough. I will also look at the vents for the diff which I have no idea where they are? I'll continue digging. Someone must have put up pics of how they did it. More mods to do once I get the plow off the goat!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!