P500 Sunk the p500

M

mwsmith818

Jan 30, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Was going thru a wash out in the hunting club last night and apparently it was a lot deeper than I expected. It dropped off quick and water got up to nearly the bottom of the seat. The bike is snorkeled but only for accidental moments like this. As soon as the exhaust went under it shut off. Tried to crank it up underwater and it hydro locked🙄 finally got it back to dry land, pulled the plug, blew water out. Checked air box and no signs of water. I checked the oil and it didn’t show any signs of water either. Cranked it up and eased back to the camp. The bike ran fine the whole way back. Checked oil this morning and there is the slightest bit of white film up top. Pretty upset bc it’s a brand new bike and I just got it a month ago. What do you guys think? Is my engine done for? Will it be smoking like a mosquito fogger in the near future? Also, any tips on flushing the oil would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I sunk a rancher bad one time when I flushed it i took the filter out and put the cover one cranked it and drove around a minute or two changed oil 4 times till it was clean. Then put a filter and oil back in .it never burned any oil after that . I just did not want to waste a filter each time i flushed it. Also check your diff fluid.

M

mwsmith818

Jan 30, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
you engine will be fine just change the oil and filter until it not milky.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
Like others said, change the oil and ride it like you stole it!
I sunk a rancher bad one time when I flushed it i took the filter out and put the cover one cranked it and drove around a minute or two changed oil 4 times till it was clean. Then put a filter and oil back in .it never burned any oil after that . I just did not want to waste a filter each time i flushed it. Also check your diff fluid.
Thanks guys!

Napaul

Napaul

Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
D0914d393d3e8a38b07af5a444495caf
I did something similar on my second day of ownership! I had a winch installed a week later. It was a lot more stuck than it looks in the pic. I miss that little machine. Ended up totaling it, but I have a 1000 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!