Talon Super Atv A arms

O

OzkMtnTalon

Jun 3, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
Anybody thinking about getting the Super Atv A-arms for there talon I would highly recommend getting the bushing kit they offer separately. Trying to get the bushing out of the factory A-arms is almost impossible and makes what should be a quick and easy install a total pain. IMO they should just come with bushings in the from the start.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody thinking about getting the Super Atv A-arms for there talon I would highly recommend getting the bushing kit they offer separately. Trying to get the bushing out of the factory A-arms is almost impossible and makes what should be a quick and easy install a total pain. IMO they should just come with bushings in the from the start.

If they are anything like the arms for the Pioneer you might as well order two sets of bushings and save on shipping.

O

OzkMtnTalon

Jun 3, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
a few pics
20190714 130421
20190714 130348
20190714 130641

B

Bunnycop

Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2019
Altoona,Pa
Ownership

1. Talon R
What did you apply to the plastics to make them black or is that factory?

advertisement
M

mw13

Nov 26, 2018
Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'm having a tough time deciding between X and R. One of the things I'm considering is tire size. I want to be able to run up to a 32" tire. I may go 31" tire, but would like the option to go 32". A couple questions for you:

1) on your X model, with just the 5/2 wheels, do you think 32" would clear on the front without the forward A-arms? I'd prefer to keep with stock A arms if possible

2) I've seen several comments on the rear shock mount being close to the tire. So you are running a 5/2 wheel with a 1.5" spacer. If you were just running the 5/2 wheel without the rear spacer, would it hit the rear shock mount? Or is the 1.5" spacer required to clear the shock mount?

Basically I want to keep as stock as possible and run 32" tire. I know the R model can do this.

Thanks!

O

OzkMtnTalon

Jun 3, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm having a tough time deciding between X and R. One of the things I'm considering is tire size. I want to be able to run up to a 32" tire. I may go 31" tire, but would like the option to go 32". A couple questions for you:

1) on your X model, with just the 5/2 wheels, do you think 32" would clear on the front without the forward A-arms? I'd prefer to keep with stock A arms if possible

2) I've seen several comments on the rear shock mount being close to the tire. So you are running a 5/2 wheel with a 1.5" spacer. If you were just running the 5/2 wheel without the rear spacer, would it hit the rear shock mount? Or is the 1.5" spacer required to clear the shock mount?

Basically I want to keep as stock as possible and run 32" tire. I know the R model can do this.

Thanks!
If you run just the 5/2 wheels the X model it will clear 32" but will slightly rub in a hard turn or in a turn with the suspension compressed. In the rear with 5/2 wheels it will clear the shock mount i ran the 1.5 spacer to have the front and rear width match or else it end up being a 1.5 inches narrower in the rear. 31" tires with 5/2 wheels won't rub at all depending on the true height measurement of the tire.

Reactions: mw13
M

Morris1219

Aug 27, 2019
Dallas TX
Ownership

1. Talon R

Thanks!

If you wait I am sure other company’s will come up with back spacing. I am ordering STI 6+1 for the front and 4+3 for rears, 15X7 for both and was told this will track the same and be factory width

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O

OzkMtnTalon

Jun 3, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
If you wait I am sure other company’s will come up with back spacing. I am ordering STI 6+1 for the front and 4+3 for rears, 15X7 for both and was told this will track the same and be factory width

That combo will track the same as stock. I personally wanted the same tire size and rim size so the spare i carry will work on all 4 corners and not be different.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
M

Morris1219

Aug 27, 2019
Dallas TX
Ownership

1. Talon R
That combo will track the same as stock. I personally wanted the same tire size and rim size so the spare i carry will work on all 4 corners and not be different.

Do the 5+2 and spacers seems to be a common thing. I was going to but due to some of my riding conditions I want stock width.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much room do you have on ethe SATV arms and the front wheels ATVs full compression and full lock?

I ran into an issue with the SATV arms and the wheels I am running on my 1000-5

O

OzkMtnTalon

Jun 3, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
Do the 5+2 and spacers seems to be a common thing. I was going to but due to some of my riding conditions I want stock width.

until more wheel companies make more 6/1 offset options other sti.

Reactions: Morris1219
O

OzkMtnTalon

Jun 3, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
How much room do you have on ethe SATV arms and the front wheels ATVs full compression and full lock?

I ran into an issue with the SATV arms and the wheels I am running on my 1000-5
I don't know exactly but at least an 1" or more of clearance with the 32" tires. they claim you can clear 34" tires with the satv arms.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't know exactly but at least an 1" or more of clearance with the 32" tires. they claim you can clear 34" tires with the satv arms.

I meant clearing the wheels themselves without spacers. The SATV on my 1000-5 rub the inner beadlocks at full lock and full compression, I had to grind about 3/16" off of a corner of the lower bad joint mount.

O

OzkMtnTalon

Jun 3, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
I meant clearing the wheels themselves without spacers. The SATV on my 1000-5 rub the inner beadlocks at full lock and full compression, I had to grind about 3/16" off of a corner of the lower bad joint mount.
Are your wheels on the pioneer 14" or 15"?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!