P1000 SUper ATV rear windscreen is hitting the bed

C

catvguy1986

Dec 22, 2020
Peculiar MO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got a new Super ATV rear windscreen for my 2020 Honda Pioneer 1000-3. Once installed the the latches that hold the bed down are hitting the bottom of the new windscreen preventing it from opening and closing. Anyone else having this issue? if so any recommendation on how to remedy? I have an email into SuperATV customer service to see what they say about it.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I got a new Super ATV rear windscreen for my 2020 Honda Pioneer 1000-3. Once installed the the latches that hold the bed down are hitting the bottom of the new windscreen preventing it from opening and closing. Anyone else having this issue? if so any recommendation on how to remedy? I have an email into SuperATV customer service to see what they say about it.
This is not uncommon because of the wide tolerances in the how the frame can be set up from the factory. The windshield was designed to work around those tolerances. It'll help if you get another set of hands on the project. Loosen up the hardware and readjust it to clear...and then tighten everything back down. If you're patient with it and take your time...you'll get her all lined up perfectly.

Nc ohcUixR8I7HzhEAX801 ED nc htscontentflaf1 1

C

catvguy1986

Dec 22, 2020
Peculiar MO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Could you be more specific on what exactly I should be adjusting? There is literally like 40 nuts and bolts on it. Thx

Reactions: Lady01
C

catvguy1986

Dec 22, 2020
Peculiar MO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I loosened everything, pried up on it with a piece of wood, used a rubber mallet and had had help. The metal brackets that join the side panels onto the main glass are the only things that move. I slid those brackets "up" as far as they will go with the limited adjustment they give. The bed still hits the tops of the bolts that hold that bracket on. I loosed every single bot including the 4 that bolt it onto the back of the cab. Those are all the way "up" as well as far as the slot hole will allow.

I would have say, this thing is not worth what I paid for it, shouldn't be this difficult to put a rear windscreen on it. Can I get my money back?

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Could you be more specific on what exactly I should be adjusting? There is literally like 40 nuts and bolts on it. Thx
Maybe get a couple pics and give us a call at 855-743-3427 and use the tech support line. A good full pic, and some close ups of different sections. The boys upstairs will be able to talk you through it when you call in.

C

catvguy1986

Dec 22, 2020
Peculiar MO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the reply's, I have been emailing with someone from Super atv under "sales" directly in addition to you providing help. My order number was M002917325 I took a 40 second video of where it is still hitting and sent that to them at 9:59 am this morning (CST) Thx

Reactions: SuperATV and Lady01
C

catvguy1986

Dec 22, 2020
Peculiar MO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here is the reply I just received from Superatv.

"Unfortunately, due to machine variances, there isn't a set adjustment for the rear windshield. The best option is to loosen all hardware, push the windshield in to where it doesn't make contact, and then tighten hardware back up."

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

"Unfortunately, due to machine variances, there isn't a set adjustment for the rear windshield. The best option is to loosen all hardware, push the windshield in to where it doesn't make contact, and then tighten hardware back up."
Makes sense

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com

Yeah, that's pretty much it. The brackets on the windshields have tolerances cut into them to allow for it to pull together and form fit the cage and all the different cage variances from the factory. It may be easier to do while its off the machine so you don't have to have somebody holding and pushing against you while adjusting. I'll go upstairs and see who's on the other end of the sales email for that one. I'll get those pics.

Reactions: Lady01 and Mudwing
bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I have same issue, I didn’t mess with loosening every nut and bolt, just the mounting hardware. It still catches slightly but only on one side and just takes a little pressure pushing in on the windshield to move it past the spot that catches. I think I could probably loosen everything up and overcome it but it just doesn’t annoy me enough to enlist the help needed to loosen all those bolts while it’s on the machine.

Considering the ridiculous geometry of the ROPS (which I think is root cause of majority of complaints on Pioneer) I still think the SATV product is as good as any out there for cabs.

Reactions: SuperATV

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!