People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Saw on FB Superatv was bought out by Doorman for 1/2 billion? Rumor or true?

7C6BEAD3 B791 4B19 B0E6 9EE0D7061D5B

test test test test
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I'm going to copy what I posted in another forum earlier.
- I had a lot to say on the subject.... 🤣

Yep, its true. We were acquired by Dorman Products. We will be represented as the Powersports Arm of Dorman.

I got out of the shower yesterday before work, and got the text that I needed to be in early for some big news. It was NOT what I was expecting. o_O

I had my concerns and felt a little bit in limbo yesterday, but after talking with Lindsay...I think its going to be great for us.

Harold is an outstanding human being and still in and out quite often, but he's been slowly preparing for retirement for a few years. His daughter, Lindsay, has been the official President and CEO for a couple years now. She's been awesome. Lindsay and I have been good friends since we were kids. We shared a locker in high school and hung out all the time with a big group of tight friends.

I was one of the last people in the shop yesterday and Lindsay came up and asked if I was OK. I said, "I don't know...I don't really know what to think...are you OK with this?" She assured me that this was going to be the best for all of us and that nothing is changing here. I said, "I love ya...I trust you...and if you think this is good for us then I'm with you 100%." I'm sure she lost many many nights of sleep over this. The Hunt family built this thing from the ground up...from garage tinkering to a half a billion dollar acquisition. Pretty damn cool. Super has also been an INCREDIBLE asset to our little town. Hell, we hire half the town. We cover all the lunches and book fees for all the community schools...and sponsor tons of local events. Most people don't know that

Lindsay will remain our President and CEO, and we're going to keep doing what we do. We're in the process of building a (3rd) MASSIVE manufacturing facility in the field out back. Should be done before the end of the year. With Dorman's backing, we're going to be able to hire a bunch more people and do even more manufacturing right here in house. We have 2 huge factories here right now...and already ran out of room for manufacturing....and I'm sure it won't be long before the new building is up and full.

Dorman has acquired us because of what we do....our business model, products, and community involvement. We make some really good stuff, and will continue to do so. We will continue to be innovative and be a leading (and hopefully inspiring) force in the off road world.

There's a whole lot of chatter online, and I'm preparing to take a hell of a beating after this....but its just another day in the shop around here.

Nothing is really changing here. We're growing, creating new jobs here in town, and bringing a whole lot more manufacturing here in house. We're still SuperATV, here in little ol' Madison, Indiana...and I'm still Erik...the long haired bearded dude that makes jokes on the forum. The only thing really changing is....well, I think I get better vision and dental insurance now. And...I'm going to ask about stock options, because I'm sure Dorman's stock is going to shoot up after this...plus the market is trash right now and its gotta go up at some point!

EDIT: Sorry for the novel. I guess I had a lot to say.

test
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Yep, its true. We were acquired by Dorman Products. We will be represented as the Powersports Arm of Dorman.

I got out of the shower yesterday before work, and got the text that I needed to be in early for some big news. It was NOT what I was expecting. o_O

I had my concerns and felt a little bit in limbo yesterday, but after talking with Lindsay...I think its going to be great for us.

Harold is an outstanding human being and still in and out quite often, but he's been slowly preparing for retirement for a few years. His daughter, Lindsay, has been the official President and CEO for a couple years now. She's been awesome. Lindsay and I have been good friends since we were kids. We shared a locker in high school and hung out all the time with a big group of tight friends.

I was one of the last people in the shop yesterday and Lindsay came up and asked if I was OK. I said, "I don't know...I don't really know what to think...are you OK with this?" She assured me that this was going to be the best for all of us and that nothing is changing here. I said, "I love ya...I trust you...and if you think this is good for us then I'm with you 100%." I'm sure she lost many many nights of sleep over this. The Hunt family built this thing from the ground up...from garage tinkering to a half a billion dollar acquisition. Pretty damn cool. Super has also been an INCREDIBLE asset to our little town. Hell, we hire half the town. We cover all the lunches and book fees for all the community schools...and sponsor tons of local events. Most people don't know that

Lindsay will remain our President and CEO, and we're going to keep doing what we do. We're in the process of building a (3rd) MASSIVE manufacturing facility in the field out back. Should be done before the end of the year. With Dorman's backing, we're going to be able to hire a bunch more people and do even more manufacturing right here in house. We have 2 huge factories here right now...and already ran out of room for manufacturing....and I'm sure it won't be long before the new building is up and full.

Dorman has acquired us because of what we do....our business model, products, and community involvement. We make some really good stuff, and will continue to do so. We will continue to be innovative and be a leading (and hopefully inspiring) force in the off road world.

There's a whole lot of chatter online, and I'm preparing to take a hell of a beating after this....but its just another day in the shop around here.

Nothing is really changing here. We're growing, creating new jobs here in town, and bringing a whole lot more manufacturing here in house. We're still SuperATV, here in little ol' Madison, Indiana...and I'm still Erik...the long haired bearded dude that makes jokes on the forum. The only thing really changing is....well, I think I get better vision and dental insurance now. And...I'm going to ask about stock options, because I'm sure Dorman's stock is going to shoot up after this...plus the market is trash right now and its gotta go up at some point!

So you’re saying Lindsay says the NTC discount code is still good for a zero percent discount on our entire order at SuperATV?

Seriously though I hope the business continues to grow and it’s a win all the way around for everyone! Especially the NTC!

test
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
So you’re saying Lindsay says the NTC discount code is still good for a zero percent discount on our entire order at SuperATV?

Seriously though I hope the business continues to grow and it’s a win all the way around for everyone! Especially the NTC!
Me too. We don't have any more room here, and we're doing some major expansions...so its definitely going in the right direction.

And you get that #NTC every...single...day...on every...single...product!! 24/7....350 days a year... (cuz I'm taking a couple vacation days).

test
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Me too. We don't have any more room here, and we're doing some major expansions...so its definitely going in the right direction.

And you get that #NTC every...single...day...on every...single...product!! 24/7....350 days a year... (cuz I'm taking a couple vacation days).
What about your horns? Are they covered under the 0% discount?

test test
NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5

Thank You for the update !

test test test test test
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As a guy who's been thru multiple acquisitions, both as the acquired and the acquiring, I wish you the best Erik! It's really hard to know what this looks like for several months.

You're a great ambassador for the company on these forums, and I'm sure you'll do well.

test
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Dorman...there's a name that will get a tech to strike up a conversation with you. As Eric O calls them...the old wallet with wings.

They make a lot of stuff you'd otherwise have to go back to the factory for at a fraction of the price that works fine.

They also make a lot stuff with notoriously high failure rates or plain old incompatibly issues with the supposed application.
As an example, a lot of the FCA stuff simply will not work with the replacement HVAC actuators dorman sells for them. It plugs in and "works", but sets a code in the module which then causes a self test that lasts nearly 2 minutes before any heat/ac happens. In 115 degree heat in Phoenix.

I've had the same issue with intake runner tuning valves and various other parts. To the point that, if my troubleshooting points to a part, and a new Dorman part fails to fix it, my next step is to try a 2nd Dorman part. Step 3 would be another brand or factory part. As the example above...some things I don't even bother with anymore.

As I said, a lot of it works fine...and it's kind hard to screw up a copy of an exhaust manifold (though I have seen them manage to do it) and they are hardly the only offenders...but personally, I'd try and keep the whole "Dorman owns us" as quiet as possible.

test
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
As a guy who's been thru multiple acquisitions, both as the acquired and the acquiring, I wish you the best Erik! It's really hard to know what this looks like for several months.

You're a great ambassador for the company on these forums, and I'm sure you'll do well.
Thanks for the kind words buddy.

And I think this is really what they saw in is...why they wanted to acquire us. We're the best biggest and best...and one of the oldest players in the SxS world...and we basically changed the whole game. My hope is that we can continue to be that presence...with all the same dudes we started with. Nobody knows the SxS world better than us.

test
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Thanks for the kind words buddy.

And I think this is really what they saw in is...why they wanted to acquire us. We're the best biggest and best...and one of the oldest players in the SxS world...and we basically changed the whole game. My hope is that we can continue to be that presence...with all the same dudes we started with. Nobody knows the SxS world better than us.
Giphy

test test test
BOX2
box3 - TEST

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!