P500 Surprise P520 on the floor for 24 hours!

Luge

Luge

Jan 27, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Hello all, I have been riding a 2020 Foreman 520 for around a year, But I was wanting Honda to put a bed and the 518cc engine in the Pioneer, I found that the supply of the 2021 P520 was not available and on the internet, I had called some dealers in the Nashville, TN area and non were to be found, So I called my local new Honda dealer in Columbia TN this morning and they said that they received a red P520 yesterday and it was ready to go! I was shocked... So I made the deal and brought it home today, Yes I had to pay MSRP. I did get them to throw in a receiver hitch, LOL!...I tried for a free first service, but no success!. One thing I noticed was that there are no center caps on the factory wheels, like the Foreman 520..Is Honda just being cheap or is there a reason for no center caps? Will the Rubicon or foreman center caps fit? The first thing I noticed that there was not much protection for the cv boots on the A arms front and rear, So I have those and a factory Honda front and rear bumpers on order, Also the P520 is quieter than the Foreman 520... I want a top, But did not like the Honda one, I am liking the EMP aluminum, any thoughts on that one? I have not driven it further than my driveway and into the shop, It was late and cold when I got home, So I have no comparsion to the 520 Foreman power wise, My Foreman was a manual/straight axle rear end, So the P520 is probly going to ride better and smoother? The first thing I did when I got it into the warm garage was remove those pesky nets, and put my C-Tek charger on the battery to top it off, I am really Happy to have found a P520 So quickly!..And this great forum!....All comments and opinions are welcome! Thanks all! New member, Luge, Oh yes mine is number 00193, I am curious about what number your P520 is!

Photo483 Photo484 Photo485 1

Last edited:
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all, I have been riding a 2020 Foreman 520 for around a year, But I was wanting Honda to put a bed and the 518cc engine in the Pioneer, I found that the supply of the 2021 P520 was not available and on the internet, I had called some dealers in the Nashville, TN area and non were to be found, So I called my local new Honda dealer in Columbia TN this morning and they said that they received a red P520 yesterday and it was ready to go! I was shocked... So I made the deal and brought it home today, Yes I had to pay MSRP. I did get them to throw in a receiver hitch, LOL!...I tried for a free first service, but no success!. One thing I noticed was that there are no center caps on the factory wheels, like the Foreman 520..Is Honda just being cheap or is there a reason for no center caps? Will the Rubicon or foreman center caps fit? The first thing I noticed that there was not much protection for the cv boots on the A arms front and rear, So I have those and a factory Honda front and rear bumpers on order, Also the P520 is quieter than the Foreman 520... I want a top, But did not like the Honda one, I am liking the EMP aluminum, any thoughts on that one? I have not driven it further than my driveway and into the shop, It was late and cold when I got home, So I have no comparsion to the 520 Foreman power wise, My Foreman was a manual/straight axle rear end, So the P520 is probly going to ride better and smoother? The first thing I did when I got it into the warm garage was remove those pesky nets, and put my C-Tek charger on the battery to top it off, I am really Happy to have found a P520 So quickly!..And this great forum!....All comments and opinions are welcome! Thanks all! New member, Luge, Oh yes mine is number 00193, I am curious about what number your P520 is!

View attachment 251546 View attachment 251547 View attachment 251548
Congrats on the ride and welcome from Canton, OH!
Nice to see you bought the fastest color!

#NTC

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Congratulations on the machine and as some say "timing is everything". As a suggestion, I see you have a nice garage and chances are you will be out there today looking at the machine become familiar with it before getting it all dirty; that is, now is a great time to crawl underneath and look it over closely (where is the oil filter, battery, oil drain, perhaps considering apply lube to key arears, etc.).

R

rheaslip

Sep 18, 2020
Canada
Luge, great timing! You get one of the first p520’s and I was able to get one of the last p500’s in my area! Wish I could snap my fingers and get that 520 cargo bed, but I needed mine before snowfall and already have 1,000kms of great memories. Hope you continue to share as I am sure a p520 is in my future too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500

Congrats. Ours is 00171, ordered last Nov, got it Jan 13th.
Those nets are a bit pesky, but after two rides in our forests, with lots of cedars, pine, and branches, I can't count how many times we've been saved from getting wacked in the heads by them if the nets weren't there. Not to mention keeping the snow out to some extent as well. We are loving ours so far.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

WELCOME from NW Arkansas! I really like the new 520's.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome from Ga/Chattanooga area. Also have a CTeck charger and mounted the plug in on the dash. Bought center caps and very inexpensive, same as other models on my 2017. Agree it should have come with them. This forum has a good search feature for comparisons of different mods. Recommend a @trigger shield below.

Would like to extend an invite to the NTC under the Pub for random shenanigans.

Last edited:
W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Congratulations on finding one! Looking forward to your initial ride report on it.
My blue 520 was supposed to arrive end of January but the only one that arrived was a blue P500 so I'm wondering if they misread their Honda schedule sheet? Oh well one'll show up eventually.

W

Woodbee

Jan 6, 2021
Knoxville
Ownership

1. 500
Luge, I picked mine up on Saturday, Greenville TN. It was raining and sleeting when I got it home.
We drove it around some, but the cold and sleet was too much. We have ordered a windshield.
I purchased a hard top from the dealer, but they did not have a windshield.

Plan to use it on the farm mostly, but I hope to take it on some trails as well.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That reminded me of the first time we took our machine for a ride. It was like 35 deg and we only had the half shield. And of course the first thing you have to do is see how fast it goes. Faces were glowing red, nose running, eyes watering but we were all teeth. 😁

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!