BOX1

P500 Surprise P520 on the floor for 24 hours!

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from west central fl. added caps very inexpensive. enjoy all the things you can add to your 520. Red is fast but Green goes deeper. lol

'

Reactions: ChadD and trigger
Luge

Luge

Jan 27, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Be wary of 500 accessories fitting, the cage is different, we aren't sure by how much. Appears to be mostly the braces in the corners.
The oem Honda front A-arm guard brackets are too small of a diameter and will not fit, the guard itself fit. The rear oem A-arm guards fit, The oem front bumper fit, the oem rear bumper did not have instructions online, and looks like it might not fit, I called Honda customer service for instructions, they said they would get back to me, I ordered a EMP aluminum roof, we shall see if it fits, they said it would.

Luge

Luge

Jan 27, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
The oem Honda front A-arm guard brackets are too small of a diameter and will not fit, the guard itself fit. The rear oem A-arm guards fit, The oem front bumper fit, the oem rear bumper did not have instructions online, and looks like it might not fit, I called Honda customer service for instructions, they said they would get back to me, I ordered a EMP aluminum roof, we shall see if it fits, they said it would.
Today I went to the Honda dealer to return the front A-arm guards that did not fit, I explained my situation with no instructions on the rear bumper and talking with Honda customer service, The nice parts lady checked her computer and guess what, Just today the instructions for the rear bumper just showed up on the dealer side of the network, Its amazing that once a fire is lighted things happen. I still have not heard a peep from Honda customer service, Oh well, the nice parts lady printed the rear bumper instructions out for me and I proceeded to install the rear oem bumper, After having the bed side panels and tail light assembly apart, and looking at how the frame of the bed, and the size of the materials it is made out of, I would highly advise anyone with a P520 to get the oem Honda rear bumper! Once installed it ties the bed frame in and gives much needed support. In my opinion, without the bumper any type of small rear end hit with a small tree would cause some costly damage without the bumper, Even with the bumper I will not be blazing any new trails in reverse!..Any other type of larger bumper is a waste just because of the weakness of the attachment points on the bed frame for the bumper. My P520 had one frame tube plug on the front, but was missing the other side, I also noticed some difference in torque values on bolts removed, I installed some oem center caps on the wheels and it disturbed me when the lugnuts were not all torqued the same, Me thinks Quality control is lacking!, I am a non transplanted native Tennessean retired Japanese autoworker, So I scrutinize Everything!

Last edited:
MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from another Michigander on this site.

I would not go pointing fingers at Honda Quality Control too quick, the the items you described as "loose" are all installed at the dealer as part of the pre-delivery assembly. These machines leave the factory incomplete in a crate with all the needed parts. The dealer then un-crates and assembles them.

I've had my P500 for just over 2 years and I keep finding more things to do to it and with it. You will enjoy yours.

Luge

Luge

Jan 27, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I haven't seen a P520 in the crate to say how much the dealer has to install, But I did see a Polaris ranger in the crate the wheels were installed, The P520 has yellow paint on every lug nut. I seriously doubt that the dealer assembly tech took the time to paint each lugnut. Also the cage has white paint on each bolt, All that paint looks like it came from the factory as quality checks, I could be wrong, It could be that the torque wrench wasn't calibrated properly. I just think that it's a good idea to go over any new machine and check vital fasteners. Maybe someone that works at a dealer will chime in and say what they install on a P520 out of the crate.

Reactions: ChadD and Mudder
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I haven't seen a P520 in the crate to say how much the dealer has to install, But I did see a Polaris ranger in the crate the wheels were installed, The P520 has yellow paint on every lug nut. I seriously doubt that the dealer assembly tech took the time to paint each lugnut. Also the cage has white paint on each bolt, All that paint looks like it came from the factory as quality checks, I could be wrong, It could be that the torque wrench wasn't calibrated properly. I just think that it's a good idea to go over any new machine and check vital fasteners. Maybe someone that works at a dealer will chime in and say what they install on a P520 out of the crate.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Hum...looks like it is easier to find a Honda 520 vs. 9mm ammo, LOL!!

Did I miss it or did you give us an update on that new ride? Hopefully the machine is meeting all expectations and right side up, LOL...

• Haha
Reactions: Mudwing and ChadD
Luge

Luge

Jan 27, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Try to find some 5.7x28mm or 6.5 Grendel ammo, LOL! Iam still waiting on some parts, I want to get everything installed before I get it all muddy, I haven't given a ride report yet. Yes I really like it, I haven't tested the bank angle sensor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing and ChadD
Luge

Luge

Jan 27, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I would have thought that my 2020 Foreman 520 would have had a "Hotter" cam than the P520, Or at least a different lift and duration, The Foreman weighs almost half less than the P520. The Foreman 520 with manual transmission will pull second gear power wheelies, But after checking the part numbers, the camshaft is the same...I am still waiting on the front A-arm guards and EMP roof, But here are some pics of the front oem brush guard and rear oem A-arm guards and rear oem bumper. Yes that is a Factory (with build sheet) Victory red 1993 454 SS under that cover! with no rust, and original paint, 97 thousand miles.. The last of the 454 SS Big Block GM pickups..

Photo500 Photo501

Last edited:
HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from West central fl. Customizing your p520 is just as much fun as driving it. Enjoy!

Reactions: trigger
Luge

Luge

Jan 27, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
First 17 miles ride report, I still haven't received all my parts yet, But I have been trapped at home on a ridge for days with heavy snow on the road with the way out down thru a hollow that my Silverado 2wd just would not do without serious damage, So I went on a run to the nearest Shell station on the P520 to get some supplies, The P520 performed quite well on the ice and snow, It has been unusual weather around here, I think me and the 520 are going to get along well, Today was the warmest in days, a balmy 28 degrees, prior, it has been in the single digits, and no melt of snow and ice until Sunday maybe!, next week is gong to be in the low 60's? Strange Weather Indeed for Tennessee!...I am seriously thinking about a home in Florida, somewhere midway down in the middle of the state!... Arthritis and a cold climate and getting old Sucks!!!

Photo504

Last edited:
Luge

Luge

Jan 27, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Welcome from another Michigander on this site.

I would not go pointing fingers at Honda Quality Control too quick, the the items you described as "loose" are all installed at the dealer as part of the pre-delivery assembly. These machines leave the factory incomplete in a crate with all the needed parts. The dealer then un-crates and assembles them.

I've had my P500 for just over 2 years and I keep finding more things to do to it and with it. You will enjoy yours.
I never used the term "Loose" Please re- read my post...I said there was a difference in torque values, I didn't say what the values were...

Last edited:
Luge

Luge

Jan 27, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I installed the EMP P/N 13080 Aluminum top on the P520 today and it fit just fine. But the oem front A-arm guard ordeal is still ongoing, I measured the front A-arm, and the P500 kit does not fit, Even though Honda says it fits the P520.. I am working with the nice parts lady at my local dealer, So maybe she will get things worked out..It seems to me that Honda is going to have to go back to the drawing board on the design of the front A-arm guards...Other than that minor issue and a lack of a front locker button like my Foreman 520 has, Are you listening HONDA...!!!... I am very satisfied with my new ride!

Photo517 Photo515

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Hello all, I have been riding a 2020 Foreman 520 for around a year, But I was wanting Honda to put a bed and the 518cc engine in the Pioneer, I found that the supply of the 2021 P520 was not available and on the internet, I had called some dealers in the Nashville, TN area and non were to be found, So I called my local new Honda dealer in Columbia TN this morning and they said that they received a red P520 yesterday and it was ready to go! I was shocked... So I made the deal and brought it home today, Yes I had to pay MSRP. I did get them to throw in a receiver hitch, LOL!...I tried for a free first service, but no success!. One thing I noticed was that there are no center caps on the factory wheels, like the Foreman 520..Is Honda just being cheap or is there a reason for no center caps? Will the Rubicon or foreman center caps fit? The first thing I noticed that there was not much protection for the cv boots on the A arms front and rear, So I have those and a factory Honda front and rear bumpers on order, Also the P520 is quieter than the Foreman 520... I want a top, But did not like the Honda one, I am liking the EMP aluminum, any thoughts on that one? I have not driven it further than my driveway and into the shop, It was late and cold when I got home, So I have no comparsion to the 520 Foreman power wise, My Foreman was a manual/straight axle rear end, So the P520 is probly going to ride better and smoother? The first thing I did when I got it into the warm garage was remove those pesky nets, and put my C-Tek charger on the battery to top it off, I am really Happy to have found a P520 So quickly!..And this great forum!....All comments and opinions are welcome! Thanks all! New member, Luge, Oh yes mine is number 00193, I am curious about what number your P520 is!

View attachment 251546 View attachment 251547 View attachment 251548
Congrats! I found a set of four black rubber type center caps on line for around $25.
I bought a 2020. If I had only waited to get the 520.

Robertb52

Robertb52

Feb 13, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
My steering wheel was loose. Popped the center cap and the nut was only hand tight; not a scratch in the plastic lock part. Then some of my bottom bolts that hold the under panels were smoked on. Had to drill one out since it stripped. Btw, you have to modify the under panels to put the nerf bars on.

anyhow ... where’s the picture. As others lovingly say in this forum, if there are no pictures it didn’t happen. Would really like to see the rear end of that 520!
Today I went to the Honda dealer to return the front A-arm guards that did not fit, I explained my situation with no instructions on the rear bumper and talking with Honda customer service, The nice parts lady checked her computer and guess what, Just today the instructions for the rear bumper just showed up on the dealer side of the network, Its amazing that once a fire is lighted things happen. I still have not heard a peep from Honda customer service, Oh well, the nice parts lady printed the rear bumper instructions out for me and I proceeded to install the rear oem bumper, After having the bed side panels and tail light assembly apart, and looking at how the frame of the bed, and the size of the materials it is made out of, I would highly advise anyone with a P520 to get the oem Honda rear bumper! Once installed it ties the bed frame in and gives much needed support. In my opinion, without the bumper any type of small rear end hit with a small tree would cause some costly damage without the bumper, Even with the bumper I will not be blazing any new trails in reverse!..Any other type of larger bumper is a waste just because of the weakness of the attachment points on the bed frame for the bumper. My P520 had one frame tube plug on the front, but was missing the other side, I also noticed some difference in torque values on bolts removed, I installed some oem center caps on the wheels and it disturbed me when the lugnuts were not all torqued the same, Me thinks Quality control is lacking!, I am a non transplanted native Tennessean retired Japanese autoworker, So I scrutinize Everything!

Luge

Luge

Jan 27, 2021
TN
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
My steering wheel was loose. Popped the center cap and the nut was only hand tight; not a scratch in the plastic lock part. Then some of my bottom bolts that hold the under panels were smoked on. Had to drill one out since it stripped. Btw, you have to modify the under panels to put the nerf bars on.

anyhow ... where’s the picture. As others lovingly say in this forum, if there are no pictures it didn’t happen. Would really like to see the rear end of that 520!

Photo501 Photo502 Photo517

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!