P1000 Suspension Adjustment

J

John_S

Lifetime Member
Dec 27, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've got a P10003 LE. The coil overs are adjustable for the springs and the valving. Can anyone share the general rule of thumb for making adjustments to the shocks. For example, will Compressing the spring alter ride height or just affect spring rate. What adjustments do you make and when?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Compressing the spring will affect the ride height but does not change the spring rate. You have 6 inches of travel. I set mine with 1 inch of sag meaning it has 5 inches of compression left. You need to drive it between adjustments to settle the machine.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Compressing the spring will affect the ride height but does not change the spring rate. You have 6 inches of travel. I set mine with 1 inch of sag meaning it has 5 inches of compression left. You need to drive it between adjustments to settle the machine.

I'd agree that mathematically the spring rate won't change but with the rear fox shocks adding preload to the spring to maintain stock ride height with added payload makes the upper portion of the spring nearly useless as it will completely bottom out. The stiffer rate spring is pretty rough so you do have to be careful with the ride height setting or you'll really ruin the ride quality. A 300lb single rate spring seems to be a good improvement over the stock rate rear fox spring,

Reactions: Cuoutdoors

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!