P1000 Sway bar removal advantages/disadvantages??

E

Ethan

Sep 20, 2018
Tucson
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Want to know what would be the advantages and are there any negative impacts on suspension or ball joints etc? Thanks

Reactions: Mopower58
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ethan if you search "sway bar removal" you will see lots of posts.

Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I was told a while back: if you ride hard pack/fast and with people in back (leave it) everything else (take it out)
That being said. I unhooked mine, it still there I just zip tied it outta the way. Rides great, lets the rear articulate better. And I also ride with the wife n kids 99% of the times.

D

DDDonkey

Want to know what would be the advantages and are there any negative impacts on suspension or ball joints etc? Thanks

Lots of post on here, I removed mine and no issues, I have even taken it to Glamis with no sway bar. There should not be any negative affect on your ball joints as the sway bar is only in the rear, and there are no ball joints back there. I drive on the hard pack a lot with no issues, just remember you are not driving a race car so don't try to corner like one.

Fomocowboy

Fomocowboy

Dec 2, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had mine off for 1,200 miles, not one regret or drawback at all. The machine has way more body roll, but I've taken some pretty hard turns at 55+ and she stays on all 4. Sway bars are for sports cars. Not off road vehicles.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!