P1000 Sway Bar

Sb82

Sb82

May 8, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I’m heading to Kentucky to ride in a couple weeks. I’m considering taking my sway bar off for the trip. I’m wanting opinions from people that ride in the hillier and rocky terrain that have removed theirs. Where I typically ride it’s all flat so can’t really test it out at home. Just didn’t want to get down there and regret taking it off. Mainly concerned about situations where you may be cornering and going down a hill at the same time.

Reactions: JenElio
gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I still have mine on but I think you only have to remove 2 bolts then zip tie the end up, so if you didnt like it it would only take a couple of minutes to reconnect it, But I think you will like it disconnected in the woods.

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Smoother over the bumps, better traction in rocky terrain with the increased suspension articulation. Worse emergency maneuvering if going fast. I don't even notice that my sway bar is off. It won't go back on unless I sell it. One caveat is that I have 325# springs on the rear Fox shocks, so it produces a little less lean than stock QS3 progressive springs.

Reactions: JenElio and Sb82
Sb82

Sb82

May 8, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I think I will try it. I have it disconnected now. I can a difference in the ride around home. But don’t have a place to really test it out.

Reactions: JenElio
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just remember it's disconnected and don't do any trail racing. I have mine disconnected and tied up and like it a lot better (but on an over sprung Talon). Bring whatever parts you need to hook it back up if the need arises.

Reactions: Sb82 and JenElio
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I ride all rocky rough trails. No fast flat Riding. I unbolted it and have it wired up out of the way. Much better for my type of riding. Keeps the tires on the ground in more situations.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!