P1000 Switch plate jumpers

Welshman

Welshman

May 12, 2017
Malad, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trying to purchase everything I need to do my accessory wiring and dual battery setup. Have most of it either on hand or on order.
My question is when you do your jumper wires for the switches do you just use regular female spades or did you use the combination female/male spades?
I planned on using 16 ga wire. So if you use regular female spades do you use a bigger size to fit both wires in one spade?

Thanks

FoMoCo

FoMoCo

Apr 24, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used regular larger female spades for two 16ga wires. The male/female connectors will not likely have enough clearance between terminals to use

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't, can you show a pic?

I'm going to add switches and redo my panel, anything that neatens things up will be great.

D

Deleted member 3748

This is how I figured it out.

Capture

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is there a complete recommended list for this modification? Looks like a pretty cool one to do.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You use the packard terminals and insert them into the back.

6d2fc9efd53536332347f0442a7ccbe2
This is ugly I was beginning a rewire of the switch panel to have control for the rear winch. You can see I have each terminal color coded and labeled. I have a simple spreadsheet to tell me what loads are on what circuit and what setting I should account for in the PDM60 programming. As I add/remove accessories I update the spreadsheet.

You can fit (2)14gauge wires in one hole but that’s about it. With the amp loads I had going to the switches and accessories (& relays for larger loads) I could’ve gone with 16ga maybe even 18 for some but I have several thousand feet of 14ga laying around.

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You use the packard terminals and insert them into the back.

View attachment 61046
This is ugly I was beginning a rewire of the switch panel to have control for the rear winch. You can see I have each terminal color coded and labeled. I have a simple spreadsheet to tell me what loads are on what circuit and what setting I should account for in the PDM60 programming. As I add/remove accessories I update the spreadsheet.

You can fit (2)14gauge wires in one hole but that’s about it. With the amp loads I had going to the switches and accessories (& relays for larger loads) I could’ve gone with 16ga maybe even 18 for some but I have several thousand feet of 14ga laying around.
That's what I'd like to avoid

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's what I'd like to avoid

I have more than a few switches (3) in dash and (13) about to be (15) in the switch panel. Also the way I have mine setup is not a simple on/off there’s a good bit of thought in what SH witch does what and how. Some of them interconnect. And some of them function opposite of the common use.

So to keep all that straight takes a spreadsheet.

If you’ve got half a dozen simple on off circuits it’s fairly simple as the switch housings are great either way.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!