P700 Switched power for relay

jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looking for a little help. I've read almost every post on switch panels, accessory wiring harness, and wiring in general. However, I still can't figure out what wire off the accessory harness goes to the relay. In the pic,I've attached, there are 2 open wires off my accessory harness that was installed by the dealer when they put the horn on (part of the street package when I bought the machine). My voltmeter shows 12v out of both wires in the pic. Can I use either of them to feed the relay for switch on power? I thought the white one would be ground.
IMG 20200706 204713

Also, I need a switch panel and the founder is too swamped. I've reached out to Mystic, but nothing so far. Anyone know if he still builds panels?

thanks in advance and btw this is a p700-4 2020

jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi everyone, any help here would help out alot. I can give more info if needed. Basically I'm asking if all the wires from the accessory switch are hot

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
IDK... I don't recommend this unit because of how confusing it is and all the unused wires.
We have this item in the store that is a bit cleaner.

But I do know this...
Green is normally ground on Hondas.
The white with a black stripe should be hot.

Reactions: Mudwing
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I bought the above. It's a seamless, easy, plug and play way to do what you are wanting to do.

jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks Guys.
I bought the above. It's a seamless, easy, plug and play way to do what you are wanting to do.
thanks Guys. I'll just buy it and take off the harness from the dealer.

P

Pedpole

Apr 12, 2020
UP
Ownership

1. 700-4
I used the harness from the store also. Less than a minute you have it hooked up and you have key on power..

Reactions: jmanAZ
R

Reloder28

Oct 21, 2018
Deer Park, Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought the harness from the store too. I used the 12v + to trigger a relay that connects a #12 awg to feed the switched side of my fuse panel. It gave me greater confidence In creating a bullet proof switched circuit feed.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Appreciate all the feedback on this item, It's one of our top sellers.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!