SXS shopping

Rincon 680

Rincon 680

Jan 4, 2022
Lacombe
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
New to this site been reading some interesting posts.
Currently have 2013 Rincon with 17,000 km and 2006 Rubicon with 22,000 km
Use them around the farm like the reliability of Honda and are completely stock except bighorn 2 tires.
Looking at sxs to add to the fleet.
My first thought was to purchase P520 with dump box but when I read posts many owners have upgraded to taller tires and wheel spacers.
Suspension travel is another concern we would like a very smooth ride and my wife wants a quiet machine.
Power steering is another option I would probably add.
My question is would a P1000-3 be a better choice.
My only options would be windshield, roof and rear view mirrors
Has anyone owned both models and their likes and dislikes.

From freezing Alberta

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome! May I ask, where is Lacombe?

If I was using one of our SXS’s on a farm, Id settle for nothing less than a P1K3 or the P1K5 you need the working horses sort of speak!
the others are fine machines but when u need to pull a stump, and haul some big stuff and sooner or later you will, you cant beat the P1 line.

Last edited:
M

Mastabeta1

Oct 9, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand

4. Talon R
I to have a rubicon and probably never sell it we had a p500 for 2 years then upgraded to a p1000-5 and wont look back its been a great machine witch we still use at the cabin to blow snow. As our main machine now is a talon 1000-r in the summer months. I would definitely say you cant go wrong with a p1000 ours has 7000 miles of trouble free use and still running strong

Rincon 680

Rincon 680

Jan 4, 2022
Lacombe
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

If I was using one of our SXS’s on a farm, Id settle for nothing less than a P1K3 or the P1K5 you need the working horses sort of speak!
the others are fine machines but when u need to pull a stump, and haul some big stuff and sooner or later you will, you cant beat the P1 line.
You figured out where we live the north of 49
Your right usually bigger is better when there’s work to do.
Thanks
I to have a rubicon and probably never sell it we had a p500 for 2 years then upgraded to a p1000-5 and wont look back its been a great machine witch we still use at the cabin to blow snow. As our main machine now is a talon 1000-r in the summer months. I would definitely say you cant go wrong with a p1000 ours has 7000 miles of trouble free use and still running strong
The p520 looks good the box is a great addition.
The p1000 might be worth the extra money my wife would like the ride better and room for the dog in the front seat. The pk3 with dump box would be most practical around the farm.
Your dealers are probably in short supply of sxs.
There’s a good Honda dealer close by going to see what the availability is.
Thanks

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The p1000 might be worth the extra money my wife would like the ride better and room for the dog in the front seat. The pk3 with dump box would be most practical around the farm.
If you're going P1K, there's almost zero reason to go 3 seater over the 5 seater, while there are plenty of reasons to go the other way. There is a variable plethora of threads on these very forums debating the question. Read and make a wise decision.

And welcome!

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Use them around the farm like the reliability of Honda and are completely stock except bighorn 2 tires.
My first thought was to purchase P520 with dump box but when I read posts many owners have upgraded to taller tires and wheel spacers.
Suspension travel is another concern we would like a very smooth ride and my wife wants a quiet machine.

From freezing Alberta
welcome from Ohio

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Totally agree other than I’d love to see any SXS pull a stump….🤔

Reactions: Remington
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

From freezing Alberta
Welcome from Oklahoma. P1K-3 for the farm/ranch/yard hand…..
The roof and rear cage gets in the way for loading, especially when piling on brush, tree clippings, etc…..

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Totally agree other than I’d love to see any SXS pull a stump….🤔
Haha when i had my P5, i pulled some small stumps. with my P1 Ive pulled quite a few large ones. But remover, thats bot just straight up pulling. You have to dig around it first to loosen the soil. other than that, It aint gonna do it! Haha

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Welcome from Oklahoma. P1K-3 for the farm/ranch/yard hand…..
The roof and rear cage gets in the way for loading, especially when piling on brush, tree clippings, etc…..
You can remove the rear half of the cage from the P1K5 *and* install a P1K3 roof if you so choose, while still retaining all the benefits of the P1K5 (e.g., doors in the same hydraulically assisted dump bed, rear seats for two more passengers if/when you need them, extra storage space below both rear seats when folded down, greater resale value, etc.).

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You can remove the rear half of the cage from the P1K5 *and* install a P1K3 roof if you so choose, while still retaining all the benefits of the P1K5 (e.g., doors in the same hydraulically assisted dump bed, rear seats for two more passengers if/when you need them, extra storage space below both rear seats when folded down, greater resale value, etc.).
Yep, long established fact.

I just bought both….😂

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!