Talon Sxsblog's new video on the Honda Talon Turbo release

H

HondaTech

I'd really like to get to the tuner part and adjust for my 32" tires. It's not bad, but the shift points seem a little weird now. I assume they'll have flashes for all kinds of mods by the time they release it.
Maybe one of you guys with turbo experience/know-how would have insights into this: I'm wondering how this will affect engine & oil temps. Along those lines: Has anyone seen a way to add a secondary oil cooler on the Talon or the Pioneer? (should this be another thread?)

Isn't there already a ECM flash out there that allows you to tune shift points for tire size?

Reactions: carlsonjmc
H

Harding10

Apr 14, 2019
Calif
Ownership

1. Talon R
My experience with turbos and recently with a super charged YXZ (attempt) is you pay for the problems to be worked out, or not...the parts are pretty available. As I grow older I’m willing to pay that premium to be rid of the stumble, over/under boost issues, and worries I’m going to trash my motor. Its a significant cost, but I would rather drive than trouble shoot. I’m all in for the well researched, Honda supported product. Where can I mail my check?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My experience with turbos and recently with a super charged YXZ (attempt) is you pay for the problems to be worked out, or not...the parts are pretty available. As I grow older I’m willing to pay that premium to be rid of the stumble, over/under boost issues, and worries I’m going to trash my motor. Its a significant cost, but I would rather drive than trouble shoot. I’m all in for the well researched, Honda supported product. Where can I mail my check?
I have to agree. I’ve played around with blown cars since the early ‘90s. Back then it was even tougher with no Google or eBay to lend a hand. Can’t say I didn’t have a “few” failures lol. But sometimes we grow up and learn what money means.
Today I own many turboed vehicles but playing around with those isn’t too tough being mechanical and having plenty of information by some experienced builders. However that’s on something mass produced that’s been around awhile. The amount of time and money it takes to get everything right is something some people don’t take into consideration. Even if on paper it looks good and proves to run hard there’s no guarantee that longevity will be there. Normally speaking a blown engine won’t last as long as it’s normally aspirated counterpart so it’s important to get it right the first time.
There’s a 10k engine in that Talon, might be a good idea to get the right kit the first time and let someone else do the testing;)

Last edited:
jj88

jj88

Apr 20, 2016
Colorado
Definitely turbo, probably not going to beat a turbo'd Can Am but would be sweeeet to leave the belt melting RZRsm in the dust

S

sandshark

Apr 11, 2019
west hills, ca
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Honda lets it be public less than 24 hours ago about a 165HP ish Turbo kit and lookie here who must feel threatened....... :D:D:D:D:D:D

View attachment 133642

Can Am was releasing the new X3 no matter. This is the time of the year the manufactures announce the 2020 models. Polaris will release their latest models later this month or next. I forget when the dealer meeting happens.

The only brand not announcing anything new is Textron. They seem to be circling the drain and the release of a 4 seater from Honda was probably the end of Textron.

Reactions: Mopower58
S

sandshark

Apr 11, 2019
west hills, ca
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The turbo option for the Talon is going to be very popular in the dunes. Next season in Glamis I expect to see lots of 4 seat Talons and turbo Talons.

Reactions: Mopower58

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!