Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No i didnt make it by myself. The front tire sticking in the air was spinning freely and the one in the mud wasnt pulling. I tried working it back and forth but @knuckledeep on the hill pushed up on my passenger side roof to straighten my machine so the drivers side front tire would dig. Once he did that it crawled out. C'mon P5 front locker! Im waiting on you!
Does the brake trick work on the 500?

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I use the brake tapping trick all the time here in florida where we go mudding. I would say it works about 70% of the time. You cant tell from the video but i was trying the brake trick and it wasnt working. I honestly feel that i probably coulda worked it back and forth a few times more and forced myself out with some momentum, but justin was ready to lend a hand and i didnt wanna break parts and have to be towed back to camp, so i gladly accepted help. Some people think the brake trick is a myth, but i can tell you it works, just not all the time

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Bent a small front part of my skid plate, not bad considering what rocks on the window maker I smacked lol and scratched one of my rims. That most certainly won’t be the last! The things a beast! For those who questioned my @JEI_Offroad rear rack, that thing saved my tail light. I didn’t see a 4” diameter tree when backing up and I clobbered it. Didn’t do a dam thing to the rack but sure jacked up the tree hehehe Al Gore eat your hart out!

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What was the deal on the a arms?
What was the deal on the a arms?
Initially I had to have 3 sets replaced as soon as I received them because of weld slag. They kept sending them out without checking them. Finally got pissed and drove to them so I could give a quality check. The pivot blocks wouldn't even turn with a vice and pipe wrench! All was good for a short bit then I started bending the pivot blocks every few rides. They replaced them a couple Times no problem. The last time they bent about 6 months ago they said they had upgraded the pivot blocks to chromoly and assured me all was well. Got back from take over and you guessed it more bent blocks. Got on the phone and filtered through the bull poop and figured out they never sent me the chromoly pivots the previous claim. So they shipped new ones again and you guessed it still no chromoly blocks. Called them back and a couple days later these show up. Notice the C stamped in them. Also notice no bushings. So not only have I had to change I don't know how many A-arms I've now got to press out old bushings and put them in my new blocks. Needless to say they know who I am.

20180501 182144 20180501 182024

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500

Not really.
The old ATVs had a limited slip front diff.
Brake trick worked ok with those.
Also you could drag just the front brake, so that helped some.

The p500 has a plain open diff.
And when you hit the brake your getting the rear wheels too.

FYI, the p1k-LE has that limited slip front diff.
That is part of the trick for why it works so well.
If the ABS can slow the wheel in the air a little there is significant torque transfers to the other side.

J

JTW

Initially I had to have 3 sets replaced as soon as I received them because of weld slag. They kept sending them out without checking them. Finally got pissed and drove to them so I could give a quality check. The pivot blocks wouldn't even turn with a vice and pipe wrench! All was good for a short bit then I started bending the pivot blocks every few rides. They replaced them a couple Times no problem. The last time they bent about 6 months ago they said they had upgraded the pivot blocks to chromoly and assured me all was well. Got back from take over and you guessed it more bent blocks. Got on the phone and filtered through the bull poop and figured out they never sent me the chromoly pivots the previous claim. So they shipped new ones again and you guessed it still no chromoly blocks. Called them back and a couple days later these show up. Notice the C stamped in them. Also notice no bushings. So not only have I had to change I don't know how many A-arms I've now got to press out old bushings and put them in my new blocks. Needless to say they know who I am.

View attachment 74071 View attachment 74072
So if I order a arms I need to look for the C? Are all the new ones supposed to be molly?

J

JTW

My buddy just ordered fronts and had to argue with them to get the chromoly upgrade. There still sending them out without the upgrade. I called them out on this, who wants to keep changing a arms out.
I was supposed to get the updated windshield but revived old stock back when I bought mine. I feel ya.. I haven’t had any issues and have been happy with their customer service. But knowing these updates and what you’re buying ahead of time is a biggie!

advertisement
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
What's the brake trick

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
The brake trick is when your front end is spinning the tire with no traction, but the tire with traction isnt spinning you jab, jab, jab the brake pedal while you got your rpm's up trying to go and sometimes it gets the wheel that isnt spinning to start spinning. It may only start turning for a handful of revolutions until it decides it doesnt want to spin anymore, but sometimes thats all you need. Its a big debate. Some people say its bull, i can promise you it works, just not all the time. Also, i mud, not rock climb like most of you on here. I can see where you wouldnt want to try this while youre trying your best to make it up some steep incline. Maybe in that situation it wouldnt work, but in the flatlands of florida i have used this trick in many a mudhole or swamp and it does work about 7 out of 10 times. The other 3 times you need a buddy with a snatch rope or winch. Lol

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The brake trick is when your front end is spinning the tire with no traction, but the tire with traction isnt spinning you jab, jab, jab the brake pedal while you got your rpm's up trying to go and sometimes it gets the wheel that isnt spinning to start spinning. It may only start turning for a handful of revolutions until it decides it doesnt want to spin anymore, but sometimes thats all you need. Its a big debate. Some people say its bull, i can promise you it works, just not all the time. Also, i mud, not rock climb like most of you on here. I can see where you wouldnt want to try this while youre trying your best to make it up some steep incline. Maybe in that situation it wouldnt work, but in the flatlands of florida i have used this trick in many a mudhole or swamp and it does work about 7 out of 10 times. The other 3 times you need a buddy with a snatch rope or winch. Lol
Thanks was wondering

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bastardchild
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was supposed to get the updated windshield but revived old stock back when I bought mine. I feel ya.. I haven’t had any issues and have been happy with their customer service. But knowing these updates and what you’re buying ahead of time is a biggie!
On the windsheild, mine just split. Honestly I think it was from not having the updated bracket. They want 75.00 for the bracket. Those without might want to consider adding their bracket or making your own. I'm thinking a piece of aluminum angel iron from Home depot would work.

20180430 204024

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hate I missed out on destroying my pioneer if y'all ever get an asphalt ride up you can count me in these pioneers cost to much to abuse just glad y'all had a great time and I hope everyone is safe
I half way agree. Cost too much to KNOWINGLY destroy, but I got it strictly for off road enjoyment. I have no desire to sink it seat deep in mud or water, or try to climb 3ft vertical rocks. Most things in between I will give a trying as long as I think I have a REASONABLE chance to succeed.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!