Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, just saw this video and thought I’d post it up. Looks like there may be an issue with some intake boot clamps which is what caused this engine to fail.

H

HondaTech

I've watched this and his previous video, I believe it was a failure of the person who installed the air filter and lid.

I find it hard to believe that it sucked enough crap in through that clamp to kill it that fast.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
B
Hey guys, just saw this video and thought I’d post it up. Looks like there may be an issue with some intake boot clamps which is what caused this engine to fail.

boot clamps were an issue and recall if my memory serves me right with some earlier models of the pioneer. I remember having that issue inspected when I had my clutch done.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've watched this and hos previous video, I believe it was a failure of the person who installed the air filter and lid.

I find it hard to believe that it sucked enough crap in through that clamp to kill it that fast.
I didn’t watch the other video, just thought I’d post it so people would know it’s a potential issue. I decided to keep my factory air box on my P1K5D, considering adding a better pre-filter. Any ideas?

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The Pioneer 1000 problem was a few that didn't have the boot pushed all the way on. With it all the on the screw clamp could be loose and I doubt any dirt could get in. I think the airbox O-ring was missing or not installed properly. Anyway it doesn't matter Honda stepped up and replaced the engine. Its best to be carefully installing the airbox cover and O-rings.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!