highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Over a year ago I designed these deflectors out of a piece of plastic. Then I abandoned them to work on shifter plates. Recently I had been reconsidering them so I made an aluminum pair just to try making them and I’ll be testing them at the pioneer takeover on my Talon.
0A7CED3D 5824 4725 880F 70378A274DB3

The theory behind these deflectors is simple. Since the talon comes with plastic outside boot guards that seem to be adequate, why not make an inside boot guard for people who don’t really need a full A-arm guard? This will protect the inside boot from punctures or tears caused by sticks and trash. So here it is in raw aluminum for testing. These bolt onto the a-arm pivots.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Great idea!

People that ride on wooded trails will all want/need these. A torn CV boot will leak grease quick and be ruined in short order once dirt gets in there. These would be cheap insurance to prevent a potential weekend ending failure.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Worked out a pattern tonight with the correct offset for my plasma cutter. Will cut a metal template hopefully tomorrow. That first set I made required a lot of trim sanding with a flap disc! A good template will speed up the process.

• Love
Reactions: Montecresto
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I have the shape template made for hand cutting with plasma. Working out the bends and bolt hole locations has been a challenge but I'm close. One problem I have is local powder coat services are ALL backed up for many weeks. I may have to offer these uncoated at first while waiting on the shops to get coated parts rolling out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!