Talon fuel pump recall.

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thats a bold face lie.

Parts are on open order and ship in 2 days max, any dealer worth their salt would have them on hand.

The only tools you need are the lock ring tool, which can be purchased from OTC for under $50, but should've been auto shipped from Honda as a special tool.

They also have 2 plastic clip tools that were auto shipped as well when the original PUD was released. They are free due to being part of an update/recall.

Your dealer is full of s***.

Lock Ring Tool:
I wondered about that comment made to me but I just went on with them,, I got it done today and it took very little time to complete. I had not done the parking position check and was not caring about since I had no problems and refused the check because I have expensive oil in the trans. Well they did it anyway and poured my oil in the recycle drum. They were going to put plain ole Honda oil in it and I had them put in the synthetic oil with Moly then they charged me 30 bucks for the 2 quarts of oil and tried to keep the left over oil. I told them twice to forget the parking examination and they did not respect my instructions,,, I could have brought my fancy oil and they would have installed it and gave me the two quarts for the recall. That oil in the trani that I put in had about 10 miles on it since I changed it when I came back from Utah in September. Total 70 bucks down the drain for no reason. Grrrr

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Got my fuel pump replaced two weeks ago….

Reactions: lowranger
IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
They did both my friends and I talon yesterday and it took the about 3 hours to do both units and they gave me a free wash also...YAY! We have a big ride planed for today to test them out.

Reactions: CID and lowranger
D

Deathcure

Jan 12, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
Last 3 times starting my talon cold would not run right till I cycled the key a few times called the Honda shop an got an appointment for the fuel pump recall in about a week

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc
T

tntcustoms68

Mar 12, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Honda cars had a recall in 2020 and again in 2021. They called them low pressure pumps. Is our fuel pump considered a low pressure pump and related to the car pumps they can't seem to get right.

Maybe Honda Tech can shed some light on this. Do our pumps use a rotor like the recalled car pumps?

Low pressure pump means the in tank pump that supplies the high pressure pump that is on the motor for direct injection on the newer vehicles. The sxs’s would be considered a low pressure pump but is still 60 psi. High pressure pumps on cars and SUV’s produce at least 500 psi.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
I had mine done while it was in the shop getting my transmission rebuilt. They also told me that there was an update on my steering knuckle and some parts in my transmission too. So they fixed those as well. Transmission shifts like it has a shift kit. I like it lol. I've been used to having shift kits in my cars and trucks so why not my talon lol.

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I had mine done while it was in the shop getting my transmission rebuilt. They also told me that there was an update on my steering knuckle and some parts in my transmission too. So they fixed those as well. Transmission shifts like it has a shift kit. I like it lol. I've been used to having shift kits in my cars and trucks so why not my talon lol.

Glad you got your ride back together!

Any idea what those updates consisted of?

amelung45x

amelung45x

Nov 20, 2020
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
All they told me was the steering knuckle and some parts in my transmission. They didn't inform me on what parts where going to be replaced in the transmission

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
My Talon seems to crank over alot when cold. My 2020 goes to the dealer next week for fuel pump recall.

• Wow
B

BrandonLH

Jun 1, 2019
Hannibal MO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Had the fuel pump recall performed. Now it seems to take longer to start than it did with the original fuel pump. Wondering if anyone else has had the same experience? Has never failed to start with the original or the updated fuel pump. 2019R with 7200 miles.

Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335
H

hondatalonr

Feb 6, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
My 2019 R has always taken a while to start. MY last 900XP RZR would start before I could let go of the key.

H

hondatalonr

Feb 6, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Got recalls done yesterday and the fuel pump recall was a complete pump replacement. Work order for pump was close to $500. Service experience with dealer was good Nash Powersports Avondale, AZ.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!