Talon Talon HP is 104 - Confirmed by Honda.

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who the hell wants the Blinder wearing masses in a Honda Talon anyway. Honda gave us a sport and I too am amazed it's even over 100 hp.
I think it's pretty cool looking. Guys that try to compare Honda SXS to other brands are nuts. It's apples to oranges. Honda doesn't need to steal the market or take a bite out of Polaris sales. They just need to gives us Honda guys a few options. This Talon will sale big time. And now we have four completely different machines with many options.
I would imagine HONDA wants the masses because without them there won’t be enough sales to deem the Talon a successful platform. Do you honestly think that Honda wouldn’t love to sell as many Pioneers as Polaris does Rangers?

Sales of the YXZ aren’t stellar and that’s with an engine that has been proven reliable with 200+ hp. The YXZ is a very nice car with outstanding fit and finish produced by a company known for reliability but it mainly sells to the Yamaha faithful. I don’t see anything in the Talon that’s going to make it any more successful than the YXZ.

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would imagine HONDA wants the masses because without them there won’t be enough sales to deem the Talon a successful platform. Do you honestly think that Honda wouldn’t love to sell as many Pioneers as Polaris does Rangers?

Sales of the YXZ aren’t stellar and that’s with an engine that has been proven reliable with 200+ hp. The YXZ is a very nice car with outstanding fit and finish produced by a company known for reliability but it mainly sells to the Yamaha faithful. I don’t see anything in the Talon that’s going to make it any more successful than the YXZ.

I couldn't agree more... its funny to me the same type people that told me "its not a sport sxs, get a rzr!!!" me for daring to say that I wish my pioneer had more power, are the same ones now making excuses for HONDA'S SPORT SXS!!!, and now saying the ridiculous crap I'm reading above just makes me see that some are in fact the ones wearing blinders...haha unreal

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I really don't think Honda cares.Or we would see more out of them. It's not as if they aren't capable.and I also don't think your going to see the market flooded with used Pioneers either.

Reactions: dnjones161
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I couldn't agree more... its funny to me the same type people that told me "its not a sport sxs, get a rzr!!!" me for daring to say that I wish my pioneer had more power, are the same ones now making excuses for HONDA'S SPORT SXS!!!, and now saying the ridiculous crap I'm reading above just makes me see that some are in fact the ones wearing blinders...haha unreal
Show me wear Honda is dumping in millions to try to take the market. You can't!! Hell they can't even get their commercials worth a crap. They obviously are ok with just being reliable. But to say they want to compete with machines with 150 hp. Is just unreal. What else is unreal are clowns already putting this Talon down before it even hits the showroom floor. All mouth and usually the same group that should have bought a belt drive.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
semi topic of HP - the Talon comes with 28" tires I believe - pretty much everyone who buys a sport is going to want to go to 30" min - on a belt machine it seems much easier to change the gearing to get back to where you were. Honda not so much. I know the IGR is out there but not a perfect swap yet.

Also about honda taking over market - they just want to hit their budget numbers - shifts in market share do not happen overnight (without something major happening) even in lower priced good. People are brand loyal and it take a lot to shift.

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Show me wear Honda is dumping in millions to try to take the market. You can't!! Hell they can't even get their commercials worth a crap. They obviously are ok with just being reliable. But to say they want to compete with machines with 150 hp. Is just unreal. What else is unreal are clowns already putting this Talon down before it even hits the showroom floor. All mouth and usually the same group that should have bought a belt drive.

So I'm a clown? or you just being keyboard tuff? I'm not putting it down at all. I simply find it funny that people like you need to put down, and assume anyone with an opinion other than Honda is perfect, are dumb and should buy another brand. It makes you look simple minded for sure.

Why would Honda get into the sport SXS world with the intention to NOT compete with the already available sport SXS's? That is close minded to say the least.

Carry on.... smh

Reactions: SuperDutyJohn
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I'm a clown? or you just being keyboard tuff? I'm not putting it down at all. I simply find it funny that people like you need to put down, and assume anyone with an opinion other than Honda is perfect, are dumb and should buy another brand. It makes you look simple minded for sure.

Why would Honda get into the sport SXS world with the intention to NOT compete with the already available sport SXS's? That is close minded to say the least.

Carry on.... smh

I’m not putting down your comment but no one came into the market with their biggest and baddest. I’m sure a 150+ HP Honda is in the works. I read somewhere yesterday Honda has like 17 utv vehicles slated for the next 2 years. I can only assume one of those is a competitor for the big HP game it seems so many are obsessed with. Now comparing to the NA versions of the sport models this model is right in line with Polaris, can am, textron, etc. you can’t compare a 72” turbo machine with this. They aren’t in the same class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not putting down your comment but no one came into the market with their biggest and baddest. I’m sure a 150+ HP Honda is in the works. I read somewhere yesterday Honda has like 17 utv vehicles slated for the next 2 years. I can only assume one of those is a competitor for the big HP game it seems so many are obsessed with. Now comparing to the NA versions of the sport models this model is right in line with Polaris, can am, textron, etc. you can’t compare a 72” turbo machine with this. They aren’t in the same class.

Adding to my topic it’s all going to boil down to how it actually performs. Real world users need to put some miles on this thing. The biggest problem I had with my RZR’s I had was the maintenance and breaks. I hate having to do maintenance. (Just would rather spend time playing than wrenching) my Polaris (both of them) needed a lot more time going through them. My pioneer has almost 3000 hard miles on it and I’ve never checked the oil, done a balljoint or bearing, I did replace the bushings in my aftermarket control arms but I can’t blame Honda for that.

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Adding to my topic it’s all going to boil down to how it actually performs. Real world users need to put some miles on this thing. The biggest problem I had with my RZR’s I had was the maintenance and breaks. I hate having to do maintenance. (Just would rather spend time playing than wrenching) my Polaris (both of them) needed a lot more time going through them. My pioneer has almost 3000 hard miles on it and I’ve never checked the oil, done a balljoint or bearing, I did replace the bushings in my aftermarket control arms but I can’t blame Honda for that.

Agreed... I still have a RZR in our garage that almost never sees the light of day. Constant problems. I was really hopeful to see the NA model Talons putting over 100hp to the ground is all. I'm not sure how I like the looks of the front end yet? All in all, my pioneer has been built to do all I want, and need. I just would love to have available engine mods steaming from this platform to work with on my pioneer :)

Reactions: nbomar
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agreed... I still have a RZR in our garage that almost never sees the light of day. Constant problems. I was really hopeful to see the NA model Talons putting over 100hp to the ground is all. I'm not sure how I like the looks of the front end yet? All in all, my pioneer has been built to do all I want, and need. I just would love to have available engine mods steaming from this platform to work with on my pioneer :)

I’m not getting one but the criticisms are crazy... I’m most excited that this will probably drive aftermarket to support more for Honda’s. When they do... pioneers will get love too! Maybe down the road I’ll have a need for 2 machines but my pioneer is here to stay. When I need to haul stuff at my farm or I’m hunting this machine is amazing.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

A lot guys didn’t go YXZ due to the lack of a two speed transfer case. At least the Talon has that.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Only the Turbo models will have more acceleration. My YXZ has a clutch pedal so I don't drag race it because a badly missed shift will damage the trans in a big way. Now the paddle shifter is amazing and the 19 YXZ may be the one that will have a couple more hp to the rear wheels. The YXZ maintenance and repair is a PITA and annoying but not a deal breaker. Oh I forgot about the Wildcat XX it has 130 hp and will be faster. It has a high end belt drive but I'm done with belt drive. There will be good sales so it won't take long for the guys that are undecided to see them in action. A one year warranty and from Honda and an additional 4 year option is amazing for a sport model.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Before the Talon gets any faster they better dial in that suspension a little. At least based on what i saw on the videos. Speed is just part of the equation. I would ask CP which is a better ride in rough terrain the the P5 or the Wolverine ? Again i don't know but am just asking.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
There are only 3 settings on the QS3 shocks. Quick Switch 3. I think all 3 positions only adjust the compression damping but not sure on these shocks. The race shop guys will have higher end race shocks for the guys that want better suspension performance.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Before the Talon gets any faster they better dial in that suspension a little. At least based on what i saw on the videos. Speed is just part of the equation. I would ask CP which is a better ride in rough terrain the the P5 or the Wolverine ? Again i don't know but am just asking.
The Wolvie suspension is amazing, kicks the s*** out of the P1000 with Fox. Haven’t bothered adjusting anything, it takes slow paced crawls to flat out across whoops like a champ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigermark and pct
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The Wolvie suspension is amazing, kicks the s*** out of the P1000 with Fox. Haven’t bothered adjusting anything, it takes slow paced crawls to flat out across whoops like a champ.
That's my experience as well just have never driven a p5.

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
At 104 hp, Honda will sell every one they can build. Overall, this is going to be one fine piece of equipment I have a feeling. It'll make many other brands look silly and way overpriced in comparison. No MFG is ever going to build the perfect rig so people need to quit their pissing and moaning. I cant believe the whining we are seeing out there. I would love to have one of these, but the Pioneer is just more practical for me and I don't need 2 for various reasons. I do in fact have every intention of drooling on the first one available at my local Honda dealer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!