Talon Talon HP is 104 - Confirmed by Honda.

H

Honda-Talon

Nov 27, 2018
Hamamatsu
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Over 77 foot pounds of torque I’m told as well!

Reactions: sharp
H

HondaTech

Any CVT is already at a disadvantage, 140hp Talon would kill anything on the market by the time the power hit the ground.

The YZX only made 90 when it dropped, hell a 72hp Pioneer will keep up with a 900 RZR and give a 1000 a good run.

J

JTW

Any CVT is already at a disadvantage, 140hp Talon would kill anything on the market by the time the power hit the ground.

The YZX only made 90 when it dropped, hell a 72hp Pioneer will keep up with a 900 RZR and give a 1000 a good run.
Mehhhhhh.... I don’t know about that last part. In the woods maybe but out in the open running... no way! We’re just too heavy

H

HondaTech

Mehhhhhh.... I don’t know about that last part. In the woods maybe but out in the open running... no way! We’re just too heavy

I see your also from KY and most of the guys I know with SXSs have probably never seen the top speed of their UTV while normally trail riding. Their more worried about keeping it on 4 wheels and not spilling their "non-alcoholic" beverages while climbing hills.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I love dct but I’m not so sure about that. Dyno numbers show the Yzx at 30% loss and that’s on par as newer belts. You think dct has that much less loss then a manual?

Reactions: sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see your also from KY and most of the guys I know with SXSs have probably never seen the top speed of their UTV while normally trail riding. Their more worried about keeping it on 4 wheels and not spilling their "non-alcoholic" beverages while climbing hills.

I don’t care about a drag race, I want the power when I’m climbing rock ledges and/or driving up widowmaker. The more you have the less you need of what you have.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t care about a drag race, I want the power when I’m climbing rock ledges and/or driving up widowmaker. The more you have the less you need of what you have.

That implies that skinny pedal has more positions than on and off. Hmmm...who knew. <end sarcasm>

H

HondaTech

I love dct but I’m not so sure about that. Dyno numbers show the Yzx about 30% loss and that’s same as newer belts. You think dct has that much less loss then a manual?

The YZX could be loosing similar amounts due to the detached trans. I'm no expert by any means, but a P1K can keep up and maybe even get ahead of a 900XP RZR in a drag race and its down 3hp and must weight much more.

J

JTW

That’s true.. but if we’re comparing apples to apples the PK5 just doesn’t have the ass (or too much rather) to keep up in a race. I agree that on a trail in the woods it doesn’t matter. Torque is what matters. And yeah... my buddies don’t want to spill there beverages but there are times when power does matter, even in the woods!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
104 is penty...and more than I expected. It's a trail machine, not a penis extension.

That’s exactly right. We break enough stuff with 72HP.

Now for the sand dune guys, they need a turbo. For the east coast, I don’t need to tell my buddies I spent more money on something that can go faster but I can’t use it in the woods. I would even be happy with less than 104 if it meant more low end power.

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
That’s exactly right. We break enough stuff with 72HP.

Now for the sand dune guys, they need a turbo. For the east coast, I don’t need to tell my buddies I spent more money on some thing that can go faster but I can’t use it in the woods. I would even be happy with less than 104 if it meant more low end power.
Those who need extensions...I'm sure the aftermarket will eat this up and have it pumping out insane power soon enough.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'd be fine with the HP coming in at 104 as I kind of figured they'd only be in the high 90's. The biggest thing I'm waiting to find out is... geared just like the Pioneer?? Hoping 1st gear low ratio to be lower than the Pioneer.

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Correction, the 2016 YXZ had 112hp. I owned one and it honestly wasn’t impressive. It wouldn’t outrun a 1K RZR, so they sat on showroom floors for two years. Hp rules in the sport market and 104hp isn’t going to make the blinder wearing RZR masses convert, no matter how well it handles.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The YZX could be loosing similar amounts due to the detached trans. I'm no expert by any means, but a P1K can keep up and maybe even get ahead of a 900XP RZR in a drag race and its down 3hp and must weight much more.
I did just that 2 years ago with my pioneer at the St Helen ORV jam sand drags. I tore up a 800 Maverick and the next bracket had the 1000XP RZR beat 3/4 of the way till the belt drive finally got wound up and edged me out by 6”. I definitely waisted him off the line paddle shifting. I’ll have to find the video. I had a cooler in the back and my spacered Stock shocks then also.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Here it is, basically stock before my HMF pipe and and fox shocks. Also has my heavy Motoclaws on it as well. Don’t pay attention to my wife in the background :rolleyes:

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Correction, the 2016 YXZ had 112hp. I owned one and it honestly wasn’t impressive. It wouldn’t outrun a 1K RZR, so they sat on showroom floors for two years. Hp rules in the sport market and 104hp isn’t going to make the blinder wearing RZR masses convert, no matter how well it handles.
Who the hell wants the Blinder wearing masses in a Honda Talon anyway. Honda gave us a sport and I too am amazed it's even over 100 hp.
I think it's pretty cool looking. Guys that try to compare Honda SXS to other brands are nuts. It's apples to oranges. Honda doesn't need to steal the market or take a bite out of Polaris sales. They just need to gives us Honda guys a few options. This Talon will sale big time. And now we have four completely different machines with many options.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!