Talon ice crusher heater

RampageRhino

RampageRhino

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2017
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon x4
Just giving anyone a heads up on the ice crusher heater for the talon. I am privileged to be working with ice crusher team to help modify this heater kit to work with a dual battery setup. more info coming soon!!!

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I an not familiar with that brand but personally I have installed several inferno heaters with secondary battery supper simple modifications however Goodluck be nice to see a kit sold direct to work with out the extra hassel

Reactions: FJC 79
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
As opposed to the Inferno and many others that are installed under the drivers seat, the Ice Crusher installs behind the dash in an otherwise unused space. This mounts the unit higher in the bike (think fording through water) and also leaves that space under the seat for other uses.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed this is a Talon thread. My description was for the Pioneer 1000.

• Haha
Reactions: sspeederr
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
As opposed to the Inferno and many others that are installed under the drivers seat, the Ice Crusher installs behind the dash in an otherwise unused space. This mounts the unit higher in the bike (think fording through water) and also leaves that space under the seat for other uses.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed this is a Talon thread. My description was for the Pioneer 1000.
Ya the inferno for talon is located under hood between shock tower for units with electric wiper or live valve and for base models non live valve no wiper goes under cowl attaching to frame cross bar next one I do I will s ap pics

Reactions: Smitty335 and Scoop
RampageRhino

RampageRhino

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2017
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon x4
They do offer them for the pioneers as well

Reactions: Smitty335
HolySmit

HolySmit

Nov 7, 2021
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Scoop- Have you tried adding the new Aux water pump kit for the Ice Crusher heater on the Pioneer 1000-5? I'm deciding between the inferno Maxx and the Ice crusher for my buggy.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Yes, I installed the water pump in lieu of the MaxStat. The pump circulates coolant all the time at full rate, even when the machine is at idle. Also, even if there is only a hint of heat in the coolant, it's better to circulate that then have to wait until the machine comes up to temp and thermostats start opening. Scott @ Couper's Products said they will likely make the water pump THE option (over the MaxStat) for many kits. Call them and ask to talk to Scott - he installs these heaters for customers who bring their rig to them.

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Yes, I installed the water pump in lieu of the MaxStat. The pump circulates coolant all the time at full rate, even when the machine is at idle. Also, even if there is only a hint of heat in the coolant, it's better to circulate that then have to wait until the machine comes up to temp and thermostats start opening. Scott @ Couper's Products said they will likely make the water pump THE option (over the MaxStat) for many kits. Call them and ask to talk to Scott - he installs these heaters for customers who bring their rig to them.
After a winter season with the heater, do you think the circulation pump is the ticket? I have the MaxStat, and it works pretty good. I’m wondering if the circulation pump would make my system better.

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
@Prntckt, I wish I could say I put enough time on it this past winter to give you an answer. With my buddy losing his brand new bike in the fire and a variable plethora of other things going on, we didn't see much seat time.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X

Factory heat, AC, All wheel drive, and available factory turbo - This Talon already has it all......
:)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!