highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
That passenger side dash panel was intended for use with mounting navigation, phones, tablets, etc with magnetic bases.

I designed the attached center panel for switches closer to the driver. I never pursued this design because other people are already making similar panels. Mine would be aluminum of course.

Once I have my own cnc plasma cutter that will free me up to do anything one off custom for you guys. I'm just not quite there yet.

Talon switch plate Model

S

Spk85215

Dec 24, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
The fasteners look a little large for the application. What size are they? Also, what is under the warning sticker?

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
The fasteners look a little large for the application. What size are they? Also, what is under the warning sticker?
The fasteners are the same size plastic snap rivets everywhere else on the Talon. They may look larger because the original rivets were so small.

Under the safety label is nothing but black plastic. The safety label is metal, riveted AND glued with some good glue to the dash.

I can't use nuts and screws for the new panel because I can't get to the back of the dash there.

Reactions: JenElio
S

Spk85215

Dec 24, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I want to remove the safety warning plate, it causes a glare on my windshield. Thanks

Reactions: JenElio
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry, no Talon. I replaced the "You're All Gonna Die" warning panel (the biggest portion of the dash!) with a textured ABS plastic panel on my '21 P1K-5 SE. Rivnuts replaced pop rivets, so it's easy to pull for mods and wiring access. It'll probably get a small radio. For now, I left most of the sub-panel plastic in place for rigidity when mounting heavier stuff - - with your metal panel, that wouldn't be a concern. I have no plans for magnetic mounts, though that's an interesting approach.

20210826 210127

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Sorry, no Talon. I replaced the "You're All Gonna Die" warning panel (the biggest portion of the dash!) with a textured ABS plastic panel on my '21 P1K-5 SE. Rivnuts replaced pop rivets, so it's easy to pull for mods and wiring access. It'll probably get a small radio. For now, I left most of the sub-panel plastic in place for rigidity when mounting heavier stuff - - with your metal panel, that wouldn't be a concern. I have no plans for magnetic mounts, though that's an interesting approach.

View attachment 304468
These rivnut fasteners are definately a great idea but everyone will not have the tools to set them in place. That's why I stuck with the snap rivets that anyone can use. Now, I am looking at using the flush mount type like along the Talon center console but they are not any smaller.

Reactions: Montecresto
S

Schultzy

Oct 6, 2021
WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Thanks for the responses gents. I'll get back on this soon. The first two I made to try were a little smaller than I expected so I revised the cad file but haven't been able to test again. We have been so busy at my day job this month I haven't had much time to play in the shop! I also have to work with the shop on cost because I think the two I had made were too expensive, even with current steel prices, compared to other items they have laser cut for me.
I’m interested as well. Would you be able to do 4 switches on the wider end, and a heater vent hole on the passenger door side? I’m looking ASAP!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I can't promise anything ASAP but will check with the shop on Monday. They are only powder coating one more time this year the second week of december. I may be able to have one cut for you. We aren't quite at the production stage yet but I'll see what I can do. I have dimensions for switches but can you provide dimension for heater vent hole?

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
These rivnut fasteners are definately a great idea but everyone will not have the tools to set them in place. That's why I stuck with the snap rivets that anyone can use. Now, I am looking at using the flush mount type like along the Talon center console but they are not any smaller.
I used this tool-less alternative to rivnuts when I took the safety decal off my dash. Just used a 10-32 bolt and a washer to set it. It works well.
However, I’ve found so many applications for rivnuts, I finally bought a rivnut puller. Everbody could use an excuse to buy more shop tools, especially if you have the Honda SxS spending addiction.

46CBF67B F333 4421 B26A 0CE48764D355

S

Schultzy

Oct 6, 2021
WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I can't promise anything ASAP but will check with the shop on Monday. They are only powder coating one more time this year the second week of december. I may be able to have one cut for you. We aren't quite at the production stage yet but I'll see what I can do. I have dimensions for switches but can you provide dimension for heater vent hole?
Great! It’s a 2 1/2” hole. This video link shows the layout at the 15:24 minute mark.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Are you crafty enough to make this if I provide a traceable pattern?
If you are ordering the heater kit, it comes with a new plastic dash panel. I can send you a tracing template for the switch holes if you want.
Great! It’s a 2 1/2” hole. This video link shows the layout at the 15:24 minute mar

Last edited:
S

Schultzy

Oct 6, 2021
WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Are you crafty enough to make this if I provide a traceable pattern?
If you are ordering the heater kit, it comes with a new plastic dash panel. I can send you a tracing template for the switch holes if you want.
They’re supposed to send that dash panel…but they didn’t. Unfortunately, I don’t have the tools to cut metal besides crude shears…which obviously wouldn’t work in this situation.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
They’re supposed to send that dash panel…but they didn’t. Unfortunately, I don’t have the tools to cut metal besides crude shears…which obviously wouldn’t work in this situation.
I'd call and find out why they didn't include the panel. Theirs is plastic and easily cut with a razor knife. If you still need a panel then I'll see what I can do.

S

Schultzy

Oct 6, 2021
WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I'd call and find out why they didn't include the panel. Theirs is plastic and easily cut with a razor knife. If you still need a panel then I'll see what I can do.
Will do. Thanks!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Final panel size fits well. The actual finish with be smooth matte black for magnetic surface or suction cut if desired.
A49CD36E 8575 4BC5 905A 607EEDA5D3BB

Will have the first batch in my hands by end of next week, 12-17-21.
Cost will be $30, with the standard Honda style plastic rivet fasteners, and shipping. Updating the website store soon with this listing.
For those interested in using a magnetic phone mount, Mob Armour makes a STRONG mag mount. Definitely worth looking into.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Dash panels are in stock as of today 12-17-21, for those interested.

Store link here

The laser guy said to call this a warning label delete kit...so I added that to the description.😆

On the riv nut fasteners...
I looked at McMaster for dimensions and found that the riv nut recommended for plastic applications is only very slightly smaller diameter than the push rivets that everyone is already used to so I'm staying with push rivets for now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!