Talon Mirror

krman

krman

Mar 31, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
I bought a Seizmik Halo Model mirror for the Talon due to their LIFE Time Guarantee. I liked the look and finish until I pulled the mount from the box and it fell apart. Man is that a cheap design mount. The one end is s nice steel ball while the other on the mirror itself is cheap plastic. The design flaw is the tube that runs from both to allow flexibility. Its a cheap piece of tubing with two really cheap plastic ball/socket cups with a spring in between them. Why re-invent the wheel I'm wondering.
If it couldn't make the ride in the box I figured it 's not gonna last long on the trail or with me grabbing with muddy gloves and swinging around either. Warranty or no warranty - I sent back to vendor for refund. The Honda mirror might be worth the extra cash..........

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
I bought the Honda one. Yes, it is overpriced. It stays in place, very clear view, not obtrusive in cabin and not too big and easy to install. I am sure there are some other options out there that are just as good. One thing that struck me, was there was some favorable comments made by SXS riders in Sand Hollow about the mirror. Is it worth the price, probably not, but I am really happy with it.,

viceversa

viceversa

Jun 5, 2019
Flagstaff, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does the official honda rear view mirror mount centered on the roll bar? There is a bracket right in center of bar which holds the roof in place. Just curious.

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Does the official honda rear view mirror mount centered on the roll bar? There is a bracket right in center of bar which holds the roof in place. Just curious.

It mounts just right of center, as you've probably surmised. But its absolutely no problem.

Steve

H

HondaTech

Its meant to clamp around the bar, does not mount to any existing mount.

viceversa

viceversa

Jun 5, 2019
Flagstaff, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for confirming. I'm aware it clamps to the bar. I was asking if the roof mounting point would prevent the mirror from being centered across the bar which it appears that it does.

I ended up ordering this mirror for slightly cheaper. Looks to have good build quality with a nice anti headlight glare tint on it. Not a huge fan of the laser etching but nothing a little paint wont clean up lol

BAU Billet Panoramic Rear View Mirror: SideBySideStuff.com

Reactions: stellarpod
L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thanks for confirming. I'm aware it clamps to the bar. I was asking if the roof mounting point would prevent the mirror from being centered across the bar which it appears that it does.

I ended up ordering this mirror for slightly cheaper. Looks to have good build quality with a nice anti headlight glare tint on it. Not a huge fan of the laser etching but nothing a little paint wont clean up lol

BAU Billet Panoramic Rear View Mirror: SideBySideStuff.com
I accidentally ordered two rearview mirror‘s by accident I paid $30 for it it’s made out of billet aluminum mounts it works quite nice for $30 so if somebody needs one for 30+ about seven dollars for shipping I have one 406 909 0119

viceversa

viceversa

Jun 5, 2019
Flagstaff, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I accidentally ordered two rearview mirror‘s by accident I paid $30 for it it’s made out of billet aluminum mounts it works quite nice for $30 so if somebody needs one for 30+ about seven dollars for shipping I have one 406 909 0119

which mirror is it? Link? pics?

L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
which mirror is it? Link? pics?
Send me a text at 406-909-0119 I think I got it off of Amazon and I don’t know what brand it is but I will send you a picture of it I have one in my talent and one in a box still brand new

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’m using this mirror and am very pleased with it. It works great with my Swamp Donkey overhead stereo unit.

ATV Tek (UTVMIRCTR) Stable Clearview UTV Center Mirror https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DELNHJI/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I did have a Seizmik Halo rearview from my RZR I planned to use, but they hang down too low because of the way they’re designed and I wanted to be able to tuck it up out of the way a bit more.

D9863B22 D411 4630 9315 BBB2EA11FD4D 432A109C A0DD 407B A079 9F221E55C23D 51C9F8BC 4C53 4AB0 B3B7 4260D8DB2315

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!