BOX1

Talon Talon on Alba Racing Baja Crusher Beadlocks and 32's

A

ALBANATE

Jun 18, 2018
San Diego
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Now this is how it should look! Good old Honda Red riding on some gold!!! Headed out for some desert testing tomorrow!

Nate
Alba Racing

55576001 365428697632040 7331334476477235200 n

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
interested how the suspension handles the extra unsprung weight.
watch the powder coating on the trailing arms, mine has started to flake off from the rocks spraying onto it.
looking at some flaps or maybe making some from UHMW or the likes.

kinda liek the ones this guy has in his video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mopower58 and TimG

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have a set of protector flaps on my RZR from Dirt Specialty Products that seem to work.
interested how the suspension handles the extra unsprung weight.
watch the powder coating on the trailing arms, mine has started to flake off from the rocks spraying onto it.
looking at some flaps or maybe making some from UHMW or the likes.

kinda liek the ones this guy has in his video.

Here’s an option I use on my RZR XP1K and hope to fit on my R. They fit on the trailing arm and do a nice job of protection from sand and gravel. I don’t know if they will fit the Talon but they may make one that will. My XP arm is 1.5” wide by 3” tall. What’s the Talon measure?

Polaris RZR XP 1000 & RS1 Rear Trailing Arm Guard / Mud Flap

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a set of protector flaps on my RZR from Dirt Specialty Products that seem to work.

Here’s an option I use on my RZR XP1K and hope to fit on my R. They fit on the trailing arm and do a nice job of protection from sand and gravel. I don’t know if they will fit the Talon but they may make one that will. My XP arm is 1.5” wide by 3” tall. What’s the Talon measure?

Polaris RZR XP 1000 & RS1 Rear Trailing Arm Guard / Mud Flap

I believe there is a factory accessory for the Talon available.

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Apparently X only

Trailing Arm Guards

Edit: nope here’s the R

Trailing Arm Guards
Yes I have those ordered but they aren’t full coverage. Rocks and sand will still damage the rear of the arm and also parts around the hub. The mud flap pretty much stops debris from the front hitting. They are really two different parts. I’m buying the guards because I think the rear trailing arm can drag going over some shear rock shelves.

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I have those ordered but they aren’t full coverage. Rocks and sand will still damage the rear of the arm and also parts around the hub. The mud flap pretty much stops debris from the front hitting. They are really two different parts. I’m buying the guards because I think the rear trailing arm can drag going over some shear rock shelves.

Im sure someone will come up with something.

I’m going to sit this model change out for a year and let all y’all figure out what works best this go round. HAHA I’ll pick my 2020 up and steal all y’all’s a ideas.

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon x4
Okay, well I haven't purchased the Talon yet, but I just pulled the trigger on these wheels so they'll be ready to go! They're on sale for $225/wheel, which is still expensive, but not bad for what they are.

F143865641

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
B

bbtank45

Sep 19, 2019
Hamilton, OH
Ownership

1. Talon R
Okay, well I haven't purchased the Talon yet, but I just pulled the trigger on these wheels so they'll be ready to go! They're on sale for $225/wheel, which is still expensive, but not bad for what they are.

View attachment 165813

Where are they onsale? Is it possible to get them in a color other than black? I would order a set now if they were machined.

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon x4
Where are they onsale? Is it possible to get them in a color other than black? I would order a set now if they were machined.
I called them and ordered over the phone. The only color they offer the wheel in is black. Different ring color options. Not sure if they offer non-painted wheels.

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon x4
I’m not a fan of the gold on the Talon red, but she looks great with the 32s!
They have different color bead lock rings. I wanted the gold because it's a little different and also kind of old school looking. I'm getting the X4, so there will be a lot more gray/black on the body.

Reactions: Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!