Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Thanks, everyone - I will run over and take care of it.

Around here, a several-week wait at the dealer is not unusual at all. They have 40 machines sitting outside waiting to get into a garage bay. I saw the recall but didn't see what exactly needed to be done. It sounds like a 5-minute fix with no parts, so it would be a waste to take it in. I also like the safety wire idea for the clamps. May also do that on some of the heavy Eqpt since it vibrates a fair amount.

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Safety wire is overkill for this, and just another thing to possibly fail and get sucked down the intake. Just make sure the screws are tight, then distort the exposed threads with pliers or similar so they can't back out, job done.

And, yes, a good dealer will do this extremely simple task while you wait.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!