highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
This summer I removed the roof from my Talon. I remember how much I enjoyed my RZRs without a roof. The difference with the Talon is that the roll cage attachment points for the roof make the cage UGLY without the roof. Because I can't turn off my brain sometimes, in my spare time I started sketching mini roof ideas weeks ago on my ipad and ended up with this.
Talon sport roof front v29 TS v1

It's basically a sporty looking front fascia piece that will hide the cage ugliness when the full roof is not used. This will attach to the 3 OEM front roof mounts. The sheet metal shop has the cad files and will be making one of these for me soon. Still left to do are to locate the sport roof attachment holes for the OEM bolts and build a short stand off bracket for the front center mounting hole location. I want to set the roof on the cage to located the bolt holes. Bolt holes do not capture well in scans. This sport roof will be rubber mounted to the cage to prevent any rattling noise.

I'm learning now how to get the ideas out of my head, onto paper (or ipad), into cad and out to fabrication. I never know which ideas will sell but I will have cool parts for myself!!

In this little business adventure, I'm finally making enough funds to be creative and take chances with ideas that aren't out there yet. These Talons were not expected to be even close to as popular as RZR, but I'm surprised how popular they have become. The Talon accessory market is wide open, unlike RZR.

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Looks promising.

Reactions: WagginTail
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Picked up the first sample from the shop today. For this one the holes were not cut because I wanted to position this on the cage then mark and drill the holes. I still have to design the center support bracket but it’s pretty sturdy even without that. I’ll paint this one red.

IMG 1764

IMG 1765

IMG 1766

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
Looks "sporty" but wouldn't be something I'd want in AZ. The sun would cook the top of my head. I've had 2 convertibles and hardly ever drove with the top down. Would be good for less sun-intense areas.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Looks "sporty" but wouldn't be something I'd want in AZ. The sun would cook the top of my head. I've had 2 convertibles and hardly ever drove with the top down. Would be good for less sun-intense areas.
Wear a hat! 😆

Seriously, I would need a full roof. I'm the guy who needs the shade after about 3 minutes in the hot sun.