Talon X arched a-arms

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
So I have some slight bends in my stock a-arms from our 7 days in Royal Blue a week ago and I wanted to replace them with some arched a-arms. I have looked hard at different ones.

So my question is which one has people been happy with and the reasons?

I have debated on the Super ATV arms with the forward offset but I am hesitant because of the increase in turning radius but I have no real world experience with how much that actually affects the turning radius....I don't really plan to go past 32" tires with wheels that will make it only 1-2 inches wider. I do like the extra length in wheel base it gives me.
The next is L&W arched a-arms with no forward offset. These will be fine with my future 32" tire setup and gives me the extra clearance without any sacrifice to turning.

Thanks for your help!!

Reactions: Isaiah and BWAF
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I just put SuperATV on mine and mounted brake lines how I thought I was supposed to. I overstretched brake lines causing to leak and my power steering seems weak with 32s. I am going to switch tires back to stock and see if its more the tires or the forward offset that affected the power steering. Then likely switch back to stock arms to see if that makes a difference in steering. I don't have an answer, but I have a feeling I will end up with stock upper and L&W lower. I'll update when I have a better idea.

1B546753 A8F8 4D19 A1DE 302A8BA3C5CE 5644ED3F E798 41BC BD10 C58CDC7999FF

Reactions: Hometeam and BWAF
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I just put SuperATV on mine and mounted brake lines how I thought I was supposed to. I overstretched brake lines causing to leak and my power steering seems weak with 32s. I am going to switch tires back to stock and see if its more the tires or the forward offset that affected the power steering. Then likely switch back to stock arms to see if that makes a difference in steering. I don't have an answer, but I have a feeling I will end up with stock upper and L&W lower. I'll update when I have a better idea.

View attachment 195232 View attachment 195234

That is kind of what I was afraid of. How much did the forward a arms affect your turning radius on your X? With hearing of a lot of guys running 32's with no power steering problem, it makes me think it would be something with the forward a arms.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
That is kind of what I was afraid of. How much did the forward a arms affect your turning radius on your X? With hearing of a lot of guys running 32's with no power steering problem, it makes me think it would be something with the forward a arms.

I did not drive enough after change to know if steering radius was affected. Brake lines limited anyway.

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have the stock uppers and L&W lowers and run 30" tires .
The build quality of the L&W seems to be very good and I am very happy with the added ground clearance and stronger material .
.120 wall vs .090 of the stock arms.
and installation was a snap.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I have the stock uppers and L&W lowers and run 30" tires .
The build quality of the L&W seems to be very good and I am very happy with the added ground clearance and stronger material .
.120 wall vs .090 of the stock arms.
and installation was a snap.

Awesome thanks for the feedback! I feel like that is the route I will end up going with. Stronger with extra ground clearance and stock drivability!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!