P700 Temperature gauge

Thedirkster

Thedirkster

Nov 4, 2017
Ceres, Pa
Ownership

1. 700-2
Has anyone installed a real temperature gauge into a 700 as opposed to the idiot lights on the dash??? If so where is the sensor tie in and where did you find a comparable gauge?

H

HondaTech

The temperature sensor is on the rear of the cylinder under the throttle body, i suppose you could find a T fitting and install a part store Autometer gauge in the fitting. This would keep the factory sensor and allow a "true" temperature reading.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Huh? Do the newer ones not have a temp gauge?

Thedirkster

Thedirkster

Nov 4, 2017
Ceres, Pa
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanx for all the productive "comments". I guess what I didn't say is I'm not pleased with having to step through the push button status feature on the dash. I find that cumbersome and distractive while driving. It could have been designed better to be a more full featured display in showing numerous status's simultaneously. Which is why I sought valid opinion (minus the mockery) for adding a gauge.

I can't spend all my time riding so I like adding \ modifying the machine.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One thing I like on 1000 vs my old 700 is that the display stays on the gauge that you were watching after you turn it off and back on. I never ran out of gas on the 700 because it always came on at start up but like you hated going through to find temp each time. I was hoping this would be something they might fix on the newer units (mine was a '15) but an aftermarket gauge would be the way to go. Keep us posted how if you get it done. Thanks

Reactions: Mudwing
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanx for all the productive "comments". I guess what I didn't say is I'm not pleased with having to step through the push button status feature on the dash. I find that cumbersome and distractive while driving. It could have been designed better to be a more full featured display in showing numerous status's simultaneously. Which is why I sought valid opinion (minus the mockery) for adding a gauge.

I can't spend all my time riding so I like adding \ modifying the machine.
You're welcome!