Terrabite 8-Ply 31x10-15 to replace stock 2019 Talon R tires

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Surprise,Az Cincinnati,OH
Ownership

1. Talon R
I need new tires and want more clearance for my Arizona riding. Would I need to do anything else to swap out to Terrabites?
If I used these on the rear, what could I use on the front? I don't see any smaller width sizes for the front.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Stock wheels? If you go with 10" tires all around. I recommend 1" rear spacers.

However.
I have been through my share of Terabytes. I have replaced five on my Pioneer since 2019 due to punctures side wall mainly.
On my talon. I spent the $ and went with M1 Evils. I have a good dozen rides and no issues.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You can add spacers later.
I think... With stock wheels and 10" wide tires, the rear looks like it sits in more than the front. The spacers offset that look.
It's more pronounced with same-size aftermarket wheels on all 4 tho.

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
Is it okay to put a 10" wide tire on a 9" wheel?
And would there be any clearance issues with a 31 or 32 inch tire on the front of a Talon R?

Reactions: Buggyman
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Stock wheels are like 6.5 and 8 or something odd.

Yes, it's fine.

32's fit fine on a R as well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
You can fit 35's on a stock Talon 1000R without modifying anything.
I also did aftermarket Rims, With my aftermarket rims with a 5+2 i did 1.5" spacers on the rear.

I never ran stock rims, but after making this change you arent required to do spacers. If you want your machine even though you may have to. I know my machine is 72 inches wide after my changes because of the 5+2 offset rims. All you need to do is look at the width of your current tires and if they are 9 for example and you are adding 10's then you will be 2 inches wider then you currently are.

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
You can fit 35's on a stock Talon 1000R without modifying anything.
I also did aftermarket Rims, With my aftermarket rims with a 5+2 i did 1.5" spacers on the rear.

I never ran stock rims, but after making this change you arent required to do spacers. If you want your machine even though you may have to. I know my machine is 72 inches wide after my changes because of the 5+2 offset rims. All you need to do is look at the width of your current tires and if they are 9 for example and you are adding 10's then you will be 2 inches wider then you currently are.
I'd think if each tire is 1" wider, the overall width would only increase 1" since half of that would be going towards the inside.

Reactions: BobFarrell
ClassicRacer

ClassicRacer

Oct 20, 2021
Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I recently purchased 15" System -3, 5+2 rims and 31/10.50/15 AT Light Truck tires with a 1.5 rear spacer on my X2, with Shock Therapy Springs, it made a huge difference.
IMHO AT tires have more rubber on the ground making tire puncture less likely, just look at the trophy trucks running Baja, you don't see big knobby tires there. My 2 cents

Reactions: 1border4manu
Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
I could use a little help from you guys when it comes to replacing my stock tires. I have a 2021 Talon 1000X-4 and trying to decide which tire size you would recommend. I’m looking at a set of Tusk Terrabites. Would I be better off with 30x10x15 or 31x10x15. The 31’s are actually a little cheaper. Most of my riding I’ve done so far is
pretty much through the woods on two tracks, sandy trails or just back roads. Some of the trails do have some deep ruts carved in them so I was thinking maybe a little more clearance might be the answer. Feel free to throw your 2 cents in……thank you

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I could use a little help from you guys when it comes to replacing my stock tires. I have a 2021 Talon 1000X-4 and trying to decide which tire size you would recommend. I’m looking at a set of Tusk Terrabites. Would I be better off with 30x10x15 or 31x10x15. The 31’s are actually a little cheaper. Most of my riding I’ve done so far is
pretty much through the woods on two tracks, sandy trails or just back roads. Some of the trails do have some deep ruts carved in them so I was thinking maybe a little more clearance might be the answer. Feel free to throw your 2 cents in……thank you
31's.... as this tire runs small.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1border4manu
ClassicRacer

ClassicRacer

Oct 20, 2021
Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Thank You! That info helps a lot.
You might wanna consider truck tires either All Terrain AT's or Mud and Snow MT's, I prefer AT's and yes you will save some cash. Plenty of choices and with the money you save make sure to buy a spare.

Talon Talon Tires

Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
You might wanna consider truck tires either All Terrain AT's or Mud and Snow MT's, I prefer AT's and yes you will save some cash. Plenty of choices and with the money you save make sure to buy a spare.
Got it!

Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
I just installed the 31" Terrabites. They measure 30" tall. One short ride yesterday and I am happy so far.
Did you run a spacer on the rear wheels and did you notice any rubbing?

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!