P700 Terrabite questions

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
I am driving myself nuts with new tire decisions. The stock tires on my new 700-4 deluxe seem like they will be fine but I don't like the squishy feel and they are too small and look well they look stupid. Even the Mrs said they look dumb when I brought it home and I need new bigger tires. Was planning on 27" Bearclaw HTR's but now am leaning towards 27" Terrabites after reading about the Bearclaws load ratings. The machine is used mainly around the yard, fields, lots of gravel, trails, and will be used for plowing snow and a lot riding in the snow. I like most things I have read about the Terrabites but worry about how good they will be in the snow? I am not a hardcore murder anymore but I still like to play in the mud a bit or when the chance presents itself.

Appreciate any help or if there is another tire I need to look at.

Sorry for another tire thread but I have read them all on here and still can't make up my mind.

Reactions: Backwoods
03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Forgot to mention the Blackwater EVO are in the running also.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I live in a none snowy area so I can't speak for plowing. I really like the 27/9/12 Terrabites that I have but as I have said before, they are just a A/T tire! I stay out of the mud as best I can. The Terrabites are friendly to my turf.

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
The Terrabites are friendly to my turf.

That’s good to know. I would love a badass Mud tire but if I’m being honest with myself it’s not needed. 75% of its use will be around the property with my kids and I tooling around the yard so the Terrabites might be the way to go. I would just like to know how they handle snow. If they suck in snow that’s a deal breaker.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That’s good to know. I would love a badass Mud tire but if I’m being honest with myself it’s not needed. 75% of its use will be around the property with my kids and I tooling around the yard so the Terrabites might be the way to go. I would just like to know how they handle snow. If they suck in snow that’s a deal breaker.
I have not personally had Terrabites but have spent time and asked questions researching them as well. I’m highly considering them for the summer months.
We deal with good snow here and I have yet to see any decent riding tire outperform the Bighorn 2.0 style. The pattern digs and flexibility of the tire releases snow like nothing else, most around here run that tire. My issue is the sidewall doesn’t take the needed abuse for the dry season.
I’ve been trying to find an all around tire, most of my local friends have struggled with this as well but haven’t yet found one that does both excellent. Imho you gotta give up one to gain the other.
@Eltobgi runs Terribites and deals with snow also. He’s not afraid to run hard, maybe he can pitch in.

Last edited:
xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
I have over 1500 miles on my Terrabites and love them. 27", I live in Wisconsin and use this thing for plowing, firewood cutting, trail riding and even take it to WV for a week every year. The tires have never let me down and have a lot of wear left even with that many miles on them. Don't worry about their snow performance, its great. The one thing I do for winter, especially plow season is add about 250lbs to the bed, makes a big difference. Especially if you upsize the tires because there is less pressure on the surface. 75e3c8182a7964de746700de789aca146581304c9f15631bba19acae3176c000

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have over 1500 miles on my Terrabites and love them. 27", I live in Wisconsin and use this thing for plowing, firewood cutting, trail riding and even take it to WV for a week every year. The tires have never let me down and have a lot of wear left even with that many miles on them. Don't worry about their snow performance, its great. The one thing I do for winter, especially plow season is add about 250lbs to the bed, makes a big difference. Especially if you upsize the tires because there is less pressure on the surface. View attachment 213706View attachment 213707

Good looking 700

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Agreed that’s a good looking 700. Appears to have everything on it I have planned. Good to know you have no issues in WI as we have the same terrain and weather. We also ride in WI a lot. I gotta ask tho XLTman what’s with the rail road spikes zip tied to your grill lol?

xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
Found on various trips. We ride a lot of reclaimed rail beds. Odd part is we have found them in WI, MI, WV, and even MT. We have a bit of a collection, and put some on ole Spike.

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have over 1500 miles on my Terrabites and love them. 27", I live in Wisconsin and use this thing for plowing, firewood cutting, trail riding and even take it to WV for a week every year. The tires have never let me down and have a lot of wear left even with that many miles on them. Don't worry about their snow performance, its great. The one thing I do for winter, especially plow season is add about 250lbs to the bed, makes a big difference. Especially if you upsize the tires because there is less pressure on the surface. View attachment 213706View attachment 213707

I really like that diamond plate front skid.
Is it custom or did you buy it?

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think for the money and the performance, the Terrabites are hard to beat if you’re not continually riding in mud.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
I made the skid plate and grafted the upper brush guard to it.

As for mud, I have had the Pioneer mid door deep many times without problems. Put it in 4 Lock and these things will go anywhere. 7f87c626d0370c033884f349639c4f65

Reactions: livefromthetree
03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
How about the Interco Sniper 920? They appear to be similar to the Terrabites but a bit more aggressive.

Reactions: 1811tactical
Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Good vote here for terrabites. Gone through a bit of everything in the past year, they perform pretty good all over. Very tough carcass as well.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!