Tesla crash kills 2

HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Guess there were two fatalities that just happened in Texas with no one at the drivers wheel Tesla. They said the car didn't turn when it was supposed to and ran right into a tree. Thank goodness it wasn't another car.
They said the car was also speeding at the time of the cash.
No thanks, and I don't want them on the road near me.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guess there were two fatalities that just happened in Texas with no one at the drivers wheel Tesla. They said the car didn't turn when it was supposed to and ran right into a tree. Thank goodness it wasn't another car.
Sounds like a case of play stupid games and win stupid prizes to me.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
4 hours and over 30,000 gallons of water to put out the fire of one car!:oops:
Lol that’s not that much water when your standard attack engine can crank out 2000 gpm alone at full bore.

But your right by comparison, a good engine crew can knock down a standard car fire with only onboard water of 1500 gallons or much less.

Big concentrated heat requires big water.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Something isn’t right with this report...unlikely there wasn’t anyone at the wheel.

Strange things happen in at speed vehicle accidents that involve fire. Most likely the person that was identified as in the back seat was really in the front.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Lol that’s not that much water when your standard attack engine can crank out 2000 gpm alone at full bore.

But your right by comparison, a good engine crew can knock down a standard car fire with only onboard water of 1500 gallons or much less.

Big concentrated heat requires big water.
I have since learned that Lithium Ion batteries require foam to extinguish the fire which means that if electric cars become popular that fire depts will have to add a designated fire truck with foam!

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have since learned that Lithium Ion batteries require foam to extinguish the fire which means that if electric cars become popular that fire depts will have to add a designated fire truck with foam!
it’s been a few years since I’ve been out of the fire service, but we always carried what we called foam cannons on the engine. They were setup on a 2” hand line, which involved a basket on the end of the nozzle, and a eductor (Venturi) upstream of the nozzle with a pickup tube in a 5 gallon tub of AR-FF.
The idea is to blanket a fire with foam to keep the oxygen away. A good crew could layout 1’ deep layer in short order. On a big fire the challenge is that most FD only have so much foam on hand and once you start using it you can’t stop until enough heat has dissipated.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I have not been active in are fire department for over a decade, the rural volunteer fire department housed in a town population 106 carries foam for such a situation when I read the gallons pumped I had to wonder if they even completed the basic fire fighter one course?
But I wasn't there to see the scenario they where working with.

FF16

FF16

Nov 15, 2020
Southwest Wisconsin usa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have been a volunteer for the past 13 years in rural Wisconsin the first department I joined and most of the departments around here have foam injection at the pump so all of your lines can use foam without needing the foam pack that @Vikes79 was talking about but everyone still has them laying around somewhere

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!