Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
An interesting test of ratchet strap breaking points and the effect of twists, knots and wet straps. Just checking out his shop and tools was interesting.

85BFB053 9734 42D6 9BBA 0B730A4E1EA4

Last edited:
Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Extremely interesting. Thanks for posting. 👍

As an ironworker, I have to add that he had some very nice freehand cuts on that ring. Especially for it's thickness.

Reactions: Mudwing and Mudder
TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very interesting, looks like fun! Wonder how that compares to driving over a loose tag end?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
He has part 1-4 build videos on the giant vice, 30K lbs of jaw force. Parts 2 and 3 are awesome metal working. Amazing to me as a wood worker what he can do with metal and machinist skills.

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
He has part 1-4 build videos on the giant vice, 30K lbs of jaw force. Parts 2 and 3 are awesome metal working. Amazing to me as a wood worker what he can do with metal and machinist skills.

Thank you very much for that. Some of those machines I've seen in action, many I have not. But I always love watching competent metal working. It really is a skill, and this man has it. Woodworking skills too!

We have a few HAAS CNC machines in our small machine shop, ad well as an old school Austrian machinist who works solely by hand. A pleasure to watch both in action. I'm an old school layout/fitter that relies on a torch, grinder, & welder myself, but we do have an automated beam line & automated angle line. They work great, but guess where they come running when they break 🙄.

Reactions: Mudder
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
An interesting test of ratchet strap breaking points and the effect of twists, knots and wet straps. Just checking out his shop and tools was interesting.

View attachment 283037
I love this guy. You should check out his tools. He has some 90° squares and stuff that has been on my radar for a while now that I want to buy for building stuff.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!