P1000 Thanks for all the help with dual battery

N

Nvrgiveup

Fair warning: this might be a long post.
As y’all know, I am 100% mechanically retarded. Yet, I REALLY wanted to do this dual battery install myself; if for no other reason, to learn about the machine and about electrical stuff in general.
It took a couple weeks, several trips to the locally-owned auto parts store, at least 4 deliveries from the Honda SxS club store, a whole pile of cussing, and countless hours spent reading this form and asking questions from you folks. I finally finished it tonight and it all works as it should. Tomorrow evening will be spent cleaning up the wire presentation because I’m pretty anal about stuff in disarray.
I wanted to take time to give a heartfelt thank you to @Hondasxs, @Scoop, @bumperm, @RobSparre, @mystic1219, and all the rest of y’all whom I failed to personally mention.
One final note….I encourage y’all to patronize the club store, and all the other forum members who provide various service for other members. These folks really do go the extra mile to make sure you leave project is successful. I know I wore poor ol @Hondasxs out with emails, phone calls and product ordering questions.
mid any if y’all are at the takeover in June, I’ll have a big, fat bottle of Blanton’s in my cabin to share with you.
Cheers!

09A6EC69 FB63 4399 B099 17A300180934 9286F4AA 4DB1 4F71 943E 9579DFA52196 B28F6EBE 7920 4A7A A654 9CC085257CF8

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
As y’all know, I am 100% mechanically retarded. Yet, I REALLY wanted to do this dual battery install myself; if for no other reason, to learn about the machine and about electrical stuff in general.
In order to learn, you have to come by the information somehow. You simply took the most expedient path by asking here and interacting with forum members. There's no sense in wasting time or creating a risk of damaging your machine when these forums contain an absolute wealth of knowledge when it comes to these machines (and many other things). So don't feel like "you" didn't do something yourself -- you did!

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My Dad was a 37 year electrician. I've been tinkering with electrical since I was a kid. At one point, I studied digital electronics in college.

But I swear, every time I pick up a task like putting the second battery in my Pioneer, it's like I have to start over studying again. :)

If I'm not using it regularly, that electrical knowledge fades...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!