P1000 the good?

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got back from a great weekend ride with my buddy put another 72 miles on the machine . now total mileage 720. still getting great fuel mileage at 23-25 mpg . zero slippage and shifts correctly. discovered sport mode for the first time. i like it in the steep mountains. keeps the r's up without shifting up and down . great all round machine . wont trade it for anything else.View attachment 12236

What size grim reapers are on the P1000 and do they run smooth at speed? I just got a set for my son's sportsman 700 and the front end shakes at speed. Haven't really been anywhere but quick run down the road and back a couple times so I'm not sure if the tires just need to be broke in or if they are out of round/balance.

Thanks,

Waylan

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What size grim reapers are on the P1000 and do they run smooth at speed? I just got a set for my son's sportsman 700 and the front end shakes at speed. Haven't really been anywhere but quick run down the road and back a couple times so I'm not sure if the tires just need to be broke in or if they are out of round/balance.

Thanks,

Waylan
27X9X14 AND 27X11X14 OEM SIZE. the center ridge on these help it run smooth on hard pack. great off road tire and are not D.O.T. i love this tire and it doesnt sling the mud like the spartacus tire did on my last s x s .

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok thanks. Hopefully the tires on my son's sportsman 700 settle down and just need a little break-in. If they don't smooth out I'll be contacting GBC.

Waylan

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
i am running 14psi in mine and they are plenty sturdy not like the bighorns i took off . they were real squishy.at factory psi
so what psi did u run in the factory big h's

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
i ran 14 psi . but bighorns are only 4 ply and soft side walls. grimm reaper 8 plys are very ridged side walls big difference
what I am asking is did u up the psi to make them run better? @PioneerPete recommended running at 20 psi I was wondering if u came up with close to the same?

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
what I am asking is did u up the psi to make them run better? @PioneerPete recommended running at 20 psi I was wondering if u came up with close to the same?
i did not because i did not want to puncture them in the rocky desert i ride in . at 300 miles i noticed small cuts in the tire carcass and decided to upgrade to 8 ply . besides running lower pressures allow for better traction and you wont bounce of the rocks as much.

Reactions: Stauvo and dale5740

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!