Hartsel, CO & Aurora, CO
www.flickr.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
"Copied" but sums it up pretty good.

THE LIFE THAT MANY WILL NOT UNDERSTAND
(except for most of my friends 😉)
I own a motorcycle because of a personal life choice.
One day when I am very old and when I can not ride anymore, it will be in my garage as a trophy of my memories.
I have met people who taught me something and have the same spirit.
I meet people now who get wisdom from me.
I get wet,
I get cold,
I have been hot,
I was afraid,
I fell & I stood up,
I even hurt myself,
I laughed out loud with the wind.
I spoke a thousand times with myself and still do.
I sang and shouted with joy like a madman, & yes ... sometimes I cried.
I have seen wonderful places because of motorcycles.
I have made curves that even my friends would be proud of; other times I made curves full of terror.
I stopped many times to see a landscape.
I spoke with perfect strangers.
I’ve spoke to God.
I go out with frustrations inside and return home with a feeling of absolute peace in my heart.
I sometimes think how dangerous it is, knowing that the meaning of courage is to advance even feeling fear.
Every time I go out to my ride I think about how wonderful it is.
I’ve learned through gestures to communicate with other riders.
I spend money that I do not have, I gave up many things, but it's all worth it...
My bike is not a means of transportation but is a piece of steel, aluminum and plastic with wheels that I am blessed with, it's part of who I am.
I love my friends and the joy of great people & motorcycles!
... May the angels guard my travels, for they know the road ahead of me...

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
That's cause you ride a different type of hog 😂😂
6C4B596C 9C96 4F47 9977 7232DF25145F

🤣🤣🤣🤣

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500

One day when I am very old and when I can not ride anymore, it will be in my garage as a trophy of my memories.
I get wet,
I get cold,
I have been hot,
I was afraid,
I fell & I stood up,
I even hurt myself,
I have made curves that even my friends would be proud of; other times I made curves full of terror.
I’ve spoke to God.
I go out with frustrations inside and return home with a feeling of absolute peace in my heart.
I sometimes think how dangerous it is, knowing that the meaning of courage is to advance even feeling fear.
I spend money that I do not have, I gave up many things, but it's all worth it...
My bike is not a means of transportation but is a piece of steel, aluminum and plastic with wheels that I am blessed with, it's part of who I am.
Very well stated! Because of a health issue I lost my ability to ride 5 years ago. I miss the sights and smell of Gods creation but cherish the memories! Get out and get some fresh air you can’t have that feeling on four wheels! Thanks for sharing and sparkling GREAT MEMORIES!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I beg to difference, I think foot travel is the best way to really experience God's wonders, while out at our family cabin putting around, kept seeing these colors in the forrest, I stopped and took a close look, thousands of tiny flowers, I got down on my hands and knees and took some pictures, beautiful, all of them could be covered with a dime. I love that kind of stuff!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I beg to difference, I think foot travel is the best way to really experience God's wonders, while out at our family cabin putting around, kept seeing these colors in the forrest, I stopped and took a close look, thousands of tiny flowers, I got down on my hands and knees and took some pictures, beautiful, all of them could be covered with a dime. I love that kind of stuff!
Maybe start a walk-to-sturgis rally?

Once upon a time, street bikes were a huge part of my life...but I now haven't ridden since 2013. I guess my love for it waned a bit. Combine that with ever dumber drivers, and I decided that the risk wasn't worth it if the passion wasn't there like it once was.
I miss it. There will probably be another someday. The thing I really miss, though, is a good proper sport bike. The ever fatter, arthritic me knows that those days are over.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
That poem is perfect, thanks. 👍

I was a dirt bike rider for 50 years but came to realize that an injury at this point in life (comfortably retired) that the risk was no longer worth the reward - a simple low side could break my pelvis (bone density decreases as we age).

And as if on cue from doG, Honda introduced the Talon. :cool: It’s been the perfect ‘next step’ and will allow me to continue exploring the desert ‘forever’. I’m in Utah right now and will be in the desert until the heat chases me back to the Colorado high country.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

I get wet,
I get cold,
I have been hot,
I was afraid,
I fell & I stood up,
I even hurt myself,
I’ve spoke to God.
To each there own I rode dirt bikes street bikes 3 wheelers 4 wheelers and SXS . I had several broken bones. Concussion rode in ambulance. Several stitches . And I still ride. No one really understands any bodies thoughts and feelings.

advertisement
Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I get wet,
I get cold,
I have been hot,
I was afraid,
I fell & I stood up,
I even hurt myself,
I’ve spoke to God.
Great piece. I have and still hike, pedal bike (do this most frequently), SxS, 4 wheel and motorcycle. I enjoy all but when the weather and scenery are right, riding a motorcycle on an open remote stretch of road on a beautiful fall day is#1 for me... especially on road you haven't been before..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!