HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
There are a couple more badges/stickers you are missing if you want to pull that off. That looks like my wheels though. I do like the yellow!
The service writer told me there were additional decals that were not in stock when I asked for the yellow color panels.

I actually started out just wanting to replace the red hood and hood surround and make it a yellow base m model but a red decal on the dump bed sides would have looked tacky. I asked about yellow bed side decals and was told they were not available.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Obviously I have one of the front bumpers - something just come to mind. Back when I used to off-road nissans, that community called those style bumpers "damage multipliers." Just like the factory step rails (as opposed to real rock sliders). Are these factory bumpers considered real protection -- I'm seriously asking because this is all new to me.
Depends on your riding style. If your planning on rolling your machine, playing bumper cars with rocks and or using the bumper to rip out large stumps or boulders, than u will need something more robust. That said, Ive hit some good sized stuff and yanked a few things with no issue.

Last edited:
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Obviously I have one of the front bumpers - something just come to mind. Back when I used to off-road nissans, that community called those style bumpers "damage multipliers." Just like the factory step rails (as opposed to real rock sliders). Are these factory bumpers considered real protection -- I'm seriously asking because this is all new to me.
Giggles for the damage multipliers. My Pathfinder came with stock step rails, which helped crunch the body and the rail. For my Xterra Off Road, I bought Shrockworks rock sliders, which after careening free-fall down Moab stair steps, bouncing each time off the sliders, I needed a bit of sandpaper and touch up paint.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really like the yellow and how it makes it stand out. I think we talked about it before as mine was a 2018 yellow when we bought it but soon changed it to the 2016 Metallic Silver. I told my wife I could live with the yellow, but she said she couldn't. I did also change my front bumper to the LE style as I was planning on making a mount for my front hood rack. As it has been mentioned they are pretty thin but it might look pretty nice with the yellow. At the time they were pretty reasonable but like everything else they have gone up quite abit in price. As far as the decals I believe you have everything that came on the time frame. The 2021's started coming out with the additional dual clutch sticker on the front fender but the earlier ones did not. The best part is that the color makes the door mirrrors stand out. Hope you are doing well my friend.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 2021's started coming out with the additional dual clutch sticker on the front fender but the earlier ones did not. The best part is that the color makes the door mirrrors stand out. Hope you are doing well my friend.
I have considered removing the dual clutch stickers . . . has anyone here done that?

Reactions: Buggyman
brettc

brettc

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2020
Little Rock, AR & Crawford, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Giggles for the damage multipliers. My Pathfinder came with stock step rails, which helped crunch the body and the rail. For my Xterra Off Road, I bought Shrockworks rock sliders, which after careening free-fall down Moab stair steps, bouncing each time off the sliders, I needed a bit of sandpaper and touch up paint.
@StewB Shrockworks is good stuff, I had it front to rear underneath and sliders (on my off road xterra). If you were on thenewx forum, you probably heard the term "damage multipliers" as that's where I got it -- did you ever go to GONE Moab?

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!