The Talon Black Hole!

Huntndogs

Huntndogs

Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2021
San Diego, Ca.
Ownership

1. Talon R
I think these two open ports on the floorboard are the portals to the Talon Black Hole where all things dropped go. Especially the small parts that you only have enough of to complete the task. Someday when I drop the skidplate I will fill a bucket with all the lost connectors, nuts, washers and plastic push pins that collect there. Ugh!

ACBB32DB 85B1 45A6 97A2 81076F3BBA5D

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I dropped my key down the shifter holes. I removed the skid plate on one side to reach up to retrieve my key. My buddy had the floor drain cover off his RZR. He had a ratchet strap on the floor. It fell out the hole, worked it way back on the skid plate and wrapped around the axle destroying the axle boot.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@highpocket74

Reactions: CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
You guys are funny! My first 3d printer will be arriving next Thursday (July 7). Maybe I'll be able to cook something up to plug these holes. I've got a lot of learning to do! My daughter also has big plans for this machine! She didn't understand why I wanted a printer until I showed her the Thingiverse website. Now she has all kinds of ideas and saved projects!!

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I Gorilla taped over the holes for the ride yesterday. Definitely kept some heat out but I personally would much prefer someone with the knowledge, skills and equipment to 3d print some plugs or whatever so I won't have to un-tape every time I wash and then retape. Hopefully there will be such a person out there somewhere.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
I Gorilla taped over the holes for the ride yesterday. Definitely kept some heat out but I personally would much prefer someone with the knowledge, skills and equipment to 3d print some plugs or whatever so I won't have to un-tape every time I wash and then retape. Hopefully there will be such a person out there somewhere.
I just taped mine up today for a dusty ride in Nevada on the 16th.

Nevada Notch

Nevada Notch

Jul 3, 2021
Carson City
I just taped mine up today for a dusty ride in Nevada on the 16th.
Where about are you headed in Nevada? Yes it will be a dusty ride!

I did about 30 miles on the 4th of July in northern Nevada (Johnson Lane area) and it was very dusty! My Talon looked as if I was following someone close for those 30 miles but there was nobody in front of me!

Rand

• Wow
Reactions: CID and Smitty335
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
You could get a pack of those cheap foam anti-stress mats or whatever they call them from Harbor Freight and cut a few squares that would pressure fit in there. Hell you could make 500 of them from one pack and it wouldn't hurt your feelings if it fell out.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X

I did about 30 miles on the 4th of July in northern Nevada (Johnson Lane area) and it was very dusty! My Talon looked as if I was following someone close for those 30 miles but there was nobody in front of me!

Rand
@Nevada Notch we are going to Mina for the yearly Poker Run. They usually have it the second weekend in June. Not sure why they pushed it out a month, going to be hotter. Come join in. July 16th.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X

Rand
I've heard of that Johnson lane area, never been there. I have friends that live in Stagecoach. Going to meet up with them there on Thursday, then 4 of us (couples/rigs) are going to carravan into Mina on Friday.

Nevada Notch

Nevada Notch

Jul 3, 2021
Carson City
Ah yes, Stagecoach, gateway to Dayton! LOL :) Both are very small towns.

I've been through Mina probably 50 times but never stopped. I have family in Phoenix so I go through Mina on the way there and back. That is a very sparsely populated area of Nevada. A lot of old copper mining in the area thus I'm guessing how the town got it's name. Should be an interesting ride. Bring plenty of water, it's gonna be HOT!

Johnson lane area has a lot more vegetation such as pine nut trees and some beautiful canyons. My avatar is actually taken at the entrance to Johnson Lane! Another great place to go play is sand mountain which is about 60 miles west of stagecoach. Nevada is an off roading paradise! 85% of the state is BLM land.

Enjoy you're poker run and take too many pics and post them!

If you ever decide you want to try out Johnson Lane or Sand Mountain give me a shout!

Rand

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
Nevada Notch

Nevada Notch

Jul 3, 2021
Carson City
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

I lost both push pins and screws down those damn holes! I someone comes up with a removable insert for them I'll buy some!

Rand

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Ah yes, Stagecoach, gateway to Dayton! LOL :) Both are very small towns.

I've been through Mina probably 50 times but never stopped. I have family in Phoenix so I go through Mina on the way there and back. That is a very sparsely populated area of Nevada. A lot of old copper mining in the area thus I'm guessing how the town got it's name. Should be an interesting ride. Bring plenty of water, it's gonna be HOT!

Johnson lane area has a lot more vegetation such as pine nut trees and some beautiful canyons. My avatar is actually taken at the entrance to Johnson Lane! Another great place to go play is sand mountain which is about 60 miles west of stagecoach. Nevada is an off roading paradise! 85% of the state is BLM land.

Enjoy you're poker run and take too many pics and post them!

If you ever decide you want to try out Johnson Lane or Sand Mountain give me a shout!

Rand
This is our 3rd time to Mina for the Poker run. Yes.....lots of country around Mina to explore. We will have plenty of water.
They usually have this Poker Run the second weekend in June, the weather isn't to bad then, rained on us one day, the day after the poker run.
I've been by Sand Mountain several times, don't care too much for riding in the sand. Two months ago we went to Cold Springs Station, nice country there to ride in. I like Nevada in the fall and spring to ride. If next year they have the Mina Poker run in June, I might have to pass, getting pretty warm by then. Suppose to be 101 degrees on the 16th. I'll try to get an early start.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
This is our 3rd time to Mina for the Poker run. Yes.....lots of country around Mina to explore. We will have plenty of water.
They usually have this Poker Run the second weekend in June, the weather isn't to bad then, rained on us one day, the day after the poker run.
I've been by Sand Mountain several times, don't care too much for riding in the sand. Two months ago we went to Cold Springs Station, nice country there to ride in. I like Nevada in the fall and spring to ride. If next year they have the Mina Poker run in July, I might have to pass, getting pretty warm by then. Suppose to be 101 degrees on the 16th. I'll try to get an early start.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!