P500 The wait is almost over

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I would recommend the hard roof if you spend much time near trees. I know I would of ripped a soft roof by now with all the branches I have slammed into.
I keep going back and forth on that. I liked the hard roof at times ( heavy rain/snow) but really liked driving with the roof off. Is the hard roof easy to put on/take off the 500?. It was a PITA on the PK1-5 but that was also a much bigger roof

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 500oneer
jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I would recommend the hard roof if you spend much time near trees. I know I would of ripped a soft roof by now with all the branches I have slammed into.
If put my soft top threw a lot of thick evergreens and branches and it’s held up great. Even have rubbed the side of it against tree trucks and is non the worst for it. It’s tuffer than you think it would be!

Reactions: R-Lamm and 500oneer
R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
I keep going back and forth on that. I liked the hard roof at times ( heavy rain/snow) but really liked driving with the roof off. Is the hard roof easy to put on/take off the 500?. It was a PITA on the PK1-5 but that was also a much bigger roof

My hard top is really easy to pop off. Think there is 4-5 quick release snaps and simply lift it off. Not too heavy and one person can def handle it alone. Love my hard top. Also I love my flip up windshield in the front too!!! Know u mentioned another style but it is nice to close in cold weather. Crack open for some breeze in warm weather or all the way up in hot weather. Best of all worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudder and rocmar
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Congrats! Ready to roll off the showroom floor. On the rear basket comment, check out an inexpensive hitch cargo carrier, just leave the hitch piece off. Perfect fit and lightweight. Northern Tool, Harbour Freight often sells for $80. Or the 3 gallon trash can mod under drivers seat is a quick option for essential tool/winching stuff storage. PS, dont worry about hard shifting at first, gets better, many good threads on improvements. And have them show you the emergency shift lever stored under drivers seat, ...just in case. Chooglin glove box is a jewel. Send pics.

View attachment 59347 View attachment 59350
@Mudder i thought you might have been pulling his leg about the emergency shift lever "under the drivers seat" lol. Kinda like telling someone to check their muffler bearings or blinker fluid. I had to look it up. Lol I had no idea that wrench was for that! No one ever told me. Ive seen it everytime ive taken the seat off, just never paid it any mind. Just thought it was part of the tool kit for getting certain nuts or bolts off for a trail side repair. The things one can learn on this forum... lol. Welcome btw @educ8tedguess!

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
@Mudder i thought you might have been pulling his leg about the emergency shift lever "under the drivers seat" lol. Kinda like telling someone to check their muffler bearings or blinker fluid. I had to look it up. Lol I had no idea that wrench was for that! No one ever told me. Ive seen it everytime ive taken the seat off, just never paid it any mind. Just thought it was part of the tool kit for getting certain nuts or bolts off for a trail side repair. The things one can learn on this forum... lol. Welcome btw @educ8tedguess!
You know, I would have never thought that it would be a joke. But, just an FYI to anyone reading this, I am fair game when it comes to pranks like that. If I would have spent any amount of time looking for that shifter and it didn't exist, I would have reported that back so you could have a good laugh. And thanks for the welcome.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
You know, I would have never thought that it would be a joke. But, just an FYI to anyone reading this, I am fair game when it comes to pranks like that. If I would have spent any amount of time looking for that shifter and it didn't exist, I would have reported that back so you could have a good laugh. And thanks for the welcome.

There's a left handed...smoke
shifter...under the other seat
......hehe
welcome...to the forum

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Got it home last night and took it for a quick spin in the fields in my neighborhood. I love it already. But I think my son loves it more and that is what matters. He's already named it Mickey because I guess he thinks it looks like Mickey Mouse. Better than Elmo I guess 8b7c8969ebea4c547c8682d728972941421b1f6a3dc8da6a54e4536eeee051982072906fadc071d6079942d22ff77e40

On the trailer ready to head home.
IMG 20171205 171936483
Because I've always been an a55 man
IMG 20171206 050958227
Never mind the cluttered garage ;)
IMG 20171206 051029664

Last edited:
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
There's a left handed...smoke
shifter...under the other seat
......hehe
welcome...to the forum
I looked for this for a while but was unable to find it. Might be because I was using a right handed wrench when I should have been using a left handed one. I think my friends Polaris has one so maybe he can help me. But, in the spirit of maintenance I did remove the rear seats and ensured I had enough headlight fluid.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Got it home last night and took it for a quick spin in the fields in my neighborhood. I love it already. But I think my son loves it more and that is what matters. He's already named it Mickey because I guess he thinks it looks like Mickey Mouse. Better than Elmo I guess 8b7c8969ebea4c547c8682d728972941421b1f6a3dc8da6a54e4536eeee051982072906fadc071d6079942d22ff77e40

View attachment 59405
View attachment 59406
View attachment 59407
Congrats.....
I do know..keep oil & air filters
clean...& when your boy is...
your age...the p5 will still
be..wat it is....now
enjoy......

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
if you plan on going into any water I'd extend the gas tank vent line.it's no higher than top of the gas tank .I've ran into holes that were deeper than expected

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Congrats.....
I do know..keep oil & air filters
clean...& when your boy is...
your age...the p5 will still
be..wat it is....now
enjoy......
if you plan on going into any water I'd extend the gas tank vent line.it's no higher than top of the gas tank .I've ran into holes that were deeper than expected

Awesome advice, thank you. Is there a certain type of line I need to be using. I read that some were using windshield washer fluid hoses but I worry if that will hold up to gas or the ethanol that it contains.

Reactions: Bastardchild
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Awesome advice, thank you. Is there a certain type of line I need to be using. I read that some were using windshield washer fluid hoses but I worry if that will hold up to gas or the ethanol that it contains.
I cut an couple inches off..
took to auto parts store...
matched up..
Note: make sure no lines are...
kinked...

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Nic pics of Mickey, correction, Little Devil. (Nice garage post).. How many remember that ride home from the dealer looking in the rear view mirror at that new P500 following behind on a trailer? A good day....

Last edited:
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

View attachment 59405
View attachment 59406
View attachment 59407
Nice! Love the aluminum trailer too!

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Educ8tedguess, you might as well extend the radiator cooling fan vent line also if youre gonna extend the diff lines and fuel tank line. It sounds silly, but the 12v cooling fan that keeps the radiator cool has a vent line on it too for some reason. I made the mistake of not extending the one on the wifes p7-4 and had to replace the fan. If you were in the 'vent line extending mood', you might as well do that one too lol

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Educ8tedguess, you might as well extend the radiator cooling fan vent line also if youre gonna extend the diff lines and fuel tank line. It sounds silly, but the 12v cooling fan that keeps the radiator cool has a vent line on it too for some reason. I made the mistake of not extending the one on the wifes p7-4 and had to replace the fan. If you were in the 'vent line extending mood', you might as well do that one too lol
I'm always in a vent line extending mood :) Probably going to get at that and mounting the winch this weekend.

Reactions: Bastardchild

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!