Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I am thinking of something that is removable. I won't need it most times because we mostly ride locally.
Exactly, my concept has butterfly (wing) bolts that tighten against the frame I welded on, I figure any type of clips would rattle, no Bueno! It will only be used when we want to bring camping gear along, 1% of the rides lol.

Reactions: Go-Getter and JTW
J

Jshell3

I can say I am both. I will bolt it on but if an idea pops in my head I will build it. Added a mount for my light bar and rear view and a bracket under the hood for a small deep cycle battery under the hood. Oh and modified the bumper a bit when I did not like the way the winch fairlead mounted. Lol in the future I am planing a second tier storage rack for long rides.
That's some good thinking! Show us some pics!

Panzer

Panzer

Apr 17, 2015
Menominee, Mi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've been working on (planning stage only now) a second tier rack for over nighters myself.
I saw this a while back on another forum and whoever made it did a hell of a job. Maybe not long enough to overnight on and certainly not a bolt-on but pretty cool none-the-less.

Image 1430981039397 Image 1430981075751

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I saw this a while back on another forum and whoever made it did a hell of a job. Maybe not long enough to overnight on and certainly not a bolt-on but pretty cool none-the-less.

View attachment 25688 View attachment 25689
Now that's badass, no question, but nothing like I'm thinking of. For one, I don't need that much space and for two, mine will be much lower, just above my standard gear so that the additional gear will be still at or below the roof line. I ride way too tight of trails for that set up. Mine will be much easier to attatch and remove. But.........somebody did some very fine work right there!!!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
With that frame on there one would have to add 2in spacers to help with all that top weight.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!