P500 Things I need to Re-Learn

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
My driving Learner, Ford F- nothing ,Power nothing ,straight 6 300ci (IMO best ever), three on the tree and hand painted brown and tan. I can tell I need to re-learn some things. Steering and brakes to start. I need a Jack Lalanne video. Been spoiled by power steering ,power brakes ,AC etc. Brakes just diff , short learning curve like SUV and trk . Steering can pretty much wear me out, power option in budget for later. QUESTION ; Spinner option for now? OH, got reminder of non-power steering grip , opposable thumbs stay on rim outside wheel! QUIZ!!! 20220315 142150 resized20220315 142138 resized

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
My driving Learner, Ford F- nothing ,Power nothing ,straight 6 300ci (IMO best ever), three on the tree and hand painted brown and tan. I can tell I need to re-learn some things. Steering and brakes to start. I need a Jack Lalanne video. Been spoiled by power steering ,power brakes ,AC etc. Brakes just diff , short learning curve like SUV and trk . Steering can pretty much wear me out, power option in budget for later. QUESTION ; Spinner option for now? OH, got reminder of non-power steering grip , opposable thumbs stay on rim outside wheel! QUIZ!!!View attachment 324557View attachment 324558
Yea that bump steer will get you.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My driving Learner, Ford F- nothing ,Power nothing ,straight 6 300ci (IMO best ever), three on the tree and hand painted brown and tan. I can tell I need to re-learn some things. Steering and brakes to start. I need a Jack Lalanne video. Been spoiled by power steering ,power brakes ,AC etc. Brakes just diff , short learning curve like SUV and trk . Steering can pretty much wear me out, power option in budget for later. QUESTION ; Spinner option for now? OH, got reminder of non-power steering grip , opposable thumbs stay on rim outside wheel! QUIZ!!!View attachment 324557View attachment 324558
Add the power steering, you won't regret it. Helped a buddy do the install on a P7, took 3 hours, spent half of the time consuming adult beverages. Second set of hands is handy.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I had the same bad habit, caught myself on video and was having a hard time remembering to keep my thumbs out of the line of fire - to the point I taped a Post It to the ROPS above my forehead as a reminder. Yesterday was the first time I didn't catch myself making that mistake, over and over. Hopefully it's becoming a habit. Although the PS on my Talon doesn't kickback, it's a good habit to be in for off road driving.

advertisement
waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
Another according driving situation20220316 160532 resized, Secure in cab items. This smacking head/face at my present speeds not good. Other heavier items at high speed risk serious injury. Guess this would also apply to bed items. Not to mention losing them

Reactions: futzin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!