Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Our SxS lives behind the house, sitting in the backyard, and may sit for up to a week between uses. Last year I saw and disposed of an adult tick on the seat when I opened the door (full cabin with windshield, hard doors, and hard mid-panel). Several days ago, my wife found a nymph on her are. She hadn't been outside in multiple days- especially where tics would be likely. We had been in the SxS the day she found it.

Anybody else ever notice ticks liking their Honda?
Have you tried Demetrius Earth granules, it cuts some bugs up when they crawl through it.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Buy a concentrated jug of permethrin from your local farm supply store. Its cheap and it lasts forever. Mix it up in a diluted spray bottle and then spray the entire sxs with it. Its what ranchers use on livestock. Perfectly safe for people and pets but is a neurotoxin to ticks. They'll crumple up into a worthless ball of evil seconds after walking over an area treated with it. I treat all my "outdoor" clothes with it. Take an ounce and put it in a 5gal bucket of water. Dunk your clothes in it and then hang them to dry. The permethrin will survive 5-6 washings before it needs a retreatment. Stuff's awesome.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Buy a concentrated jug of permethrin from your local farm supply store. Its cheap and it lasts forever. Mix it up in a diluted spray bottle and then spray the entire sxs with it. Its what ranchers use on livestock. Perfectly safe for people and pets but is a neurotoxin to ticks. They'll crumple up into a worthless ball of evil seconds after walking over an area treated with it. I treat all my "outdoor" clothes with it. Take an ounce and put it in a 5gal bucket of water. Dunk your clothes in it and then hang them to dry. The permethrin will survive 5-6 washings before it needs a retreatment. Stuff's awesome.
I do the same thing to my "outdoor" mushrooming clothes. I get the spray bottle and spray them down. Spray the boots too. Its the only stuff I've found that keep the ticks from crawling up to my dirt button. Works wonders.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!