Multi Tiger Tail Tow System - Review and Installation video.

CURRIN1776

CURRIN1776

Dec 7, 2015
NC
www.currin1776.com

Whats up Honda SxS Club?
Wanted to share a review of the Tiger Tail Tow System I installed on my Pioneer. If you are out and about on the trail one thing is for sure, your going to get stuck! Your going to need to pull your buddies out. One of the most aggravating things for me is having to deal with tangled up tow strap, laying in the mud with all the mess. This solves that aggravating issue. Check it out.

General review of the Tiger Tail Tow System

Instalation video on a Honda Pioneer 1000 SxS.

Product Links
Tiger Tail Website - http://tigertail.us/

More long term review coming soon with a new series underway on my YouTube channel about TigerTail Tow System. Check it out if you like. I appreciate it.

Thanks
CURRIN1776

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That would sure make it easy to pull someone out. May have to look into this more sometime.
Thanks.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I like the concept. But only 15 ft of rope for $200.
I need at least 50 ft.

Reactions: Farmer
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Pretty neat device, but how well does this thing work when it gets packed with mud or slammed down on a rock?

Reactions: CURRIN1776
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Great write up! One thing you can do for more clearance, is to drill a vertical hole in the universal mount and you the vertical holes in the P1000 receiver. I was able to use the highest position. With the rear bumper, it does limit how high the bed will tilt. I don't use the dump function and you just need to loosen 2 bolts and slide the mount down to use the bed.
IMG 08181

IMG 08102

Reactions: Hondasxs
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I've had it packed with mud really bad and it works just fine.
I don't like that u lose a little ground clearance and it takes up your reese. I might see if I can make it sit higher with a reese and still allow reese hook ups so I don't have to take it off and on when doing other chores

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It looks like to me that you can use the smaller hitch size and put in in the back of the Tiger Tail. Is that true?

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
It looks like to me that you can use the smaller hitch size and put in in the back of the Tiger Tail. Is that true?

I.D. on the tube is just over 1 1/2". The smaller hitches are 1 1/4".
I'm sure one could be made using 1 1/2", but it need to be nearly a foot long to clear the drum. There are more pin holes. Closest one is 3" from the end of the tube.

I don't like that u lose a little ground clearance and it takes up your reese. I might see if I can make it sit higher with a reese and still allow reese hook ups so I don't have to take it off and on when doing other chores

Could get creative with some thing like this stacked adapter.
Amazon.com: Dual Hitch Bicycle Receiver Extender Extension: Home Improvement

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you still working on the long term review? I would like to get one of these for my Pioneer but I'm curious what you think after using it.

advertisement
J

JTW

Why just not use a strap and keep it attached and draped in the bed?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why just not use a strap and keep it attached and draped in the bed?
I personally like the idea because it maintains constant tension on the rope so it won't come unhooked or get snagged while towing. I also like the idea that you don't have a strap slung up to the bed waiting to get snagged and drug behind.

Reactions: JTW and joeymt33
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Are you still working on the long term review? I would like to get one of these for my Pioneer but I'm curious what you think after using it.

Over a year on my machine. Still works smoothly. Used it during the winter through creeks and had it covered in slush and ice, was still able to pull it from the drum. Took a little help getting the last bit to roll back in since the rope was a little stiff. I have a little wear on the rope at the hook. Had a few trips where I had to tow another machine out of the woods. We hooked to the winch on a Rzr. He ended up spooling out some line because he was getting peppered by rocks. The Tiger Tail only has enough spring to reel in the supplied rope. We ended up dragging the hook while he had the extra 20 ft of line out. Just keep that in mind when adding straps for more distance.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I personally like the idea because it maintains constant tension on the rope so it won't come unhooked or get snagged while towing. I also like the idea that you don't have a strap slung up to the bed waiting to get snagged and drug behind.
I can see that.. I use shackles so my looped straps can't unhook in a pull. And there are a couple options where you can wrap the strap in the bed so it won't come out. I believe for the money I'd have to just go with a rear winch setup.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can see that.. I use shackles so my looped straps can't unhook in a pull. And there are a couple options where you can wrap the strap in the bed so it won't come out. I believe for the money I'd have to just go with a rear winch setup.

I would never tow or snatch with a winch as both lead to burying the winch cable in the wraps of the drum and frayed cable. This does not in my opinion do any function of a winch.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!