P700 Time to clean the skid plate

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Bolt some sheet aluminum on the old OEM skid and move on. It has worked so far for you, should keep working with a slight mod.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have been eyeballing the super atv skid plate. Not sure I am ready to drop $700 to drive around my pasture or on the road though. The gash came when I found a tpost and got almost high centered on it. It has been removed. Im not doing trail riding or anything like that. Burning pasture is as crazy as I get.
I don't really do trails either and didn't want to spend the $ but that T post could have came through the floor then your leg. was riding on a local path and had an old tie rod from a truck come through my floorboard and just miss my leg.

C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been eyeballing the super atv skid plate. Not sure I am ready to drop $700 to drive around my pasture or on the road though. The gash came when I found a tpost and got almost high centered on it. It has been removed. Im not doing trail riding or anything like that. Burning pasture is as crazy as I get.
Contact @Hondasxs hint they are not $700... mine just arrived yesterday 3days after ordering. I recently signed up for takeover and figured it was time to ditch the oem skin. If you are hell bent on oem you can have mine for the shipping!

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
takes the worry out " O -- Sh--" Moment
Have -- Full set --SSS UHMW-- Skid -- & A-Arm Guards
Taken off P700 -4 when traded ( over $ 1000.00 today's price )
$ 450.00 --buyer pays shipping </> SOLD
If anyone has interest
Located in upstate central New York

May want to consider Cleaing out the frame tubing & some NEW Frame plugs & ( self tapping screw to hold them in )

Last edited:
C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well @SuperATV got me with their 20% off sale. Full skidplate inbound
I jumped too early and only got 15%. FYI not a hard install, buggy on solid jack stands and balanced the skid piece on my floor jack and snugged it to bottom of buggy, drilled pilot holes where needed and screwed it on... I figure I will do the weld nuts later "IF/WHEN" the self tappers fail.

Reactions: JenElio and futzin
T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I jumped too early and only got 15%. FYI not a hard install, buggy on solid jack stands and balanced the skid piece on my floor jack and snugged it to bottom of buggy, drilled pilot holes where needed and screwed it on... I figure I will do the weld nuts later "IF/WHEN" the self tappers fail.
I do have a Rivnut tool, don't know if it would be useful or not.

Reactions: JenElio and futzin
C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do have a Rivnut tool, don't know if it would be useful or not.
If you already have the tool I would say go for it...I know those self tapper screws won't last and will be back in there if you're banging hard on it or keep the unit more than a few years

Reactions: futzin
T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Only downside I see is having to drop the skid plate to change the oil. Drilling wore me out last night.

Reactions: futzin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!