BOX1

P700 tinted window

BadMoon

BadMoon

Feb 27, 2023
S.E. Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Has any one ever tried the "static cling" window tinting? Either on the front windshield or as a "shade band" like the old car front window used to have..
I am thinking if works ok it would help protect the front windshield or at the very least it would help with evening rides when the sun is starting to set...
I just found an old roll of this in the basement that we used on some west facing windows,the optical clarity was decent. Pretty sure this was picked up a few years ago from Home depot....Glare control it says....this isnt regular window tinting,this can be removed and reapplied on Glass. never tried it on the Honda window/plexiglass before ........................My buggy is a couple hundred miles away or I wouldnt be asking this...https://www.homedepot.com/p/d-c-fix-35-in-x-78-in-Tinted-Anti-Glare-Static-Cling-Window-Film-F3375001/303454295

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thats a Negative!
@trigger has tried a few and Negatory on it working well on the plastic window. He settled on a static cling like thing but its not real window tent. Im not sure how its held up either. But I am sure he will clear all that up for ya.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah it won't hold up. It'll look good at first and then the plastic puts off some kind of gas and makes the tint bubble up. I ended up using that perforated stuff you see on city buses and stuff. It's held up well bc it's not a sealed film.

Reactions: Remington
BadMoon

BadMoon

Feb 27, 2023
S.E. Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah it won't hold up. It'll look good at first and then the plastic puts off some kind of gas and makes the tint bubble up. I ended up using that perforated stuff you see on city buses and stuff. It's held up well bc it's not a sealed film.
i wonder if because of plastic film on lexan windsheild.....we have had this film on our house windows for an easy 8 yrs still looks like the day i put it on

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
i wonder if because of plastic film on lexan windsheild.....we have had this film on our house windows for an easy 8 yrs still looks like the day i put it on
It's bc of the Lexan. I was told not to do it, that it wouldn't hold up and I went ahead and did it anyway. They were right.

• Haha
Reactions: Scoop and Remington
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You might be able to rig up a sun visor

E

EmenAkpan

Apr 20, 2023
ca
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey there! I haven't personally tried the "static cling" window tinting, but it sounds like it could be a good solution for glare control and added protection on the windshield. I'm not sure how it would work on plexiglass, but it could be worth a try. Speaking of sun protection, have you heard of magnetic car window shades? I recently discovered them, and they've been a game-changer for me during those hot summer days. I found this website called snapshades.com, which has various shades for different vehicles. They're easy to install and remove, and they don't leave any residue on the windows. Just wanted to share that with you in case it's something you're interested in. By the way, I'm new to this forum, so I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Remington
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Hey there! I haven't personally tried the ""static cling"" window tinting, but it sounds like it could be a good solution for glare control and added protection on the windshield.

It's not. Read @trigger's reply back in the thread.

Welcome to the forums.

Don't for to post pics of your machine (start a new thread) or the sheriff will be finding you soon!

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hey there! I haven't personally tried the ""static cling"" window tinting,
On a what?
Welcome from, we’er gonna be your state of CA if we dont get the Radicals ouy of office here in Michigan!

We need, Make, Model, Miles and above all pics of your rig ! Cuz its Rule #4 when you join/first post or your in direct violation of Forum penal code 6969
thats….Pics Or It Didnt Happen !

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hey there! I haven't personally tried the ""static cling"" window tinting, but it sounds like it could be a good solution for glare control and added protection on the windshield.
Yeah I put it on a half shield and it only lasted about a yr. It was a BA tint too, a green that faded into black. Took my time and made sure everything was clean and got good clear adhesion. Lesson learned. Those eye balls are made out of the perforated stuff so it can breathe and won't come off.
I have a black perforated film on the half shield and headlights now and it's been on there like 4 or 5 yrs.

FrontSC1

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!