P700 Tire alignment

S

Shadmejean1

Dec 5, 2018
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have posted this before but now I can't find it. My right front tire is wearing really bad on the outside. Any easy ways to check my alignment ? Is this called toe in or toe out ?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
You need level ground. Preferably concrete.
Squat down in front of it. Is that tire leaning out? (positive camber)
You can adjust the Camber and toe-in/toe-out really easy.
Several of us had problems with the tie-rod or steering linkage loosening.

I set mine with about 1/8" negative camber. (the bottom is about 1/8" further out than the top)
I tried to set a zero toe-in.

Reactions: Mudwing
M

M_Walker

Dec 27, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
My right front tire was wearing quickly on the outside also. The camber was ok, but the toe-in was 1.25". I never checked the alignment until mounting new tires and noticing that it didn't want to hold a straight course when driving. I ended up with the toe-in at 1/8" and it handles much better now. I've read of quite a few others finding the toe setting way off from the factory.

C

Chad123

Apr 2, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is there any videos out there on how to do the things you all are talking about. Reason why I'm asking is because I am mechanic challenged.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
pretty simple should be no problem for any one, you put the weight in it that is normally there, person or people (will be different if just empty) and measure to the same point on the same block front and back the front should be 1/8th inch less than the rear. you take the tie rod off and thread it in or out to adjust it. take the nut off and it is usually tapered so you will have to leave the nut on and bang it out, I usually use a block or something so it doesn't mess up the nut.

M

M_Walker

Dec 27, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
There is no need to remove the tie rod end! Simply loosen the jam nut on the threaded portion of the tie rod and turn the rod in or out of the tie rod end as needed, then tighten the jam nut.

Reactions: Shelly

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!