MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi guys, new member with another tire question. I am ready to purchase a new set of tires & wheels for my 14’ 700. I am looking at the ITP SS212 wheels & SUNF “power 1” tires. I was going to go with stock sizes (rims & tires) but after looking here im wondering about going a little bigger in tire size.

My questions are:
1: These rims match the original offset. Would a 26” or 27” tire cause any issues (rubbing, etc)
2: How would a 26” or 27” tire affect power
3: Will the speedometer read fast or slow with a bigger tire?

I guess i’m looking for more traction & maybe a little extra height. General use of my machine is road travel & work. Will see some mud but no rocky terrain, etc.

I am considering the StrongMade lift also.

Thoughts & Thanks

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
27s will fit fine and you will not need a lift. Most of us have 27 or 28 inch tires... the speedo will say you are going slower than you really are. You will like 27s! I don’t recommend going to 28s though... They do rub sometimes...

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
don't buy chineese tires, you will be disappointed in the near future, you really get what you pay for, you will want something good if you are riding roads I'm sure the cheap tire wouldn't last more than a couple months. if you search on motoxmall or others they have dot radials that are meant for road riding, you want to get itp or maxxis some sti ones people like. agree the 27 is pretty popular, they don't rub. the wheels are designed to stick out a few inches as pretty much every aftermarket one is. why I keep the stock wheels and put tires on those you wont need a lift but mud flares if you want to keep the crap off you

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I run 27s no loss of power, no clearance problems , they on the same rims you want to buy.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes I do and I am pleasantly surprised. They are smooth riding believe it or not the place that sells them said they would ride good and they grip really well in a variety of stuff. Biggest draw back is they throw crap every where. You still got zillas?

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I do and I am pleasantly surprised. They are smooth riding believe it or not the place that sells them said they would ride good and they grip really well in a variety of stuff. Biggest draw back is they throw crap every where. You still got zillas?

Yeah zillas.. I just don’t like how narrow they are in front. Looks funny. I’m probably gonna order 27-10-12s and the cheapest aluminum black rims I can find. Tusk cascades... the outbacks are super heavy aren’t they?

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
No the rears 27x10x12 are 29 pounds and the fronts are 25. I wish I would have put 10s on front as well. I am happy with them but I will buy something different next time. The outback Max are the heavy ones.

M

MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks fellas for the input. Been looking today & think i like the looks of the Tusk “Trilobite” tire but they arent offered in 27”. The Trilobite HD is, but only in a 14” rim. So i am still undecided. I Would rather have the Maxxis Bighorn 2.0s, but i just cant justify the cost.

Hope i replied to this right! Im still learnin the forum.

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks fellas for the input. Been looking today & think i like the looks of the Tusk “Trilobite” tire but they arent offered in 27”. The Trilobite HD is, but only in a 14” rim. So i am still undecided. I Would rather have the Maxxis Bighorn 2.0s, but i just cant justify the cost.

Hope i replied to this right! Im still learnin the forum.
Go to chaparral Motorsport website and look at the ocelot p350... good cheap tire... same as tusk trilobite. I had trilobites and I have the p350 as a spare now.

Reactions: Backwoods
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No the rears 27x10x12 are 29 pounds and the fronts are 25. I wish I would have put 10s on front as well. I am happy with them but I will buy something different next time. The outback Max are the heavy ones.
Oh I thought you had outback max! I like the xt also... great tires!

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Go to chaparral Motorsport website and look at the ocelot p350... good cheap tire... same as tusk trilobite. I had trilobites and I have the p350 as a spare now.
They have really good prices. Bedtime now 4 am comes early

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!