CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I can attest to the "leakage" issue with the Terrabite!! I've got 1 that will be flat in a week and another that doesn't lose any. The other two have slow leaks that require air every month. I ride 2-3 times per month and average 75-100 miles per ride. I've tried cleaning the wheel&tire Re-seating & re-torquing the bead locks with no luck. I like the tire but airing them up just so I keep it sitting level in the garage (between rides) is a pain in the ass!

Try some Sta-flo starch.
There's also this -

Reactions: BobFarrell
D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I can attest to the "leakage" issue with the Terrabite!! I've got 1 that will be flat in a week and another that doesn't lose any. The other two have slow leaks that require air every month. I ride 2-3 times per month and average 75-100 miles per ride. I've tried cleaning the wheel&tire Re-seating & re-torquing the bead locks with no luck. I like the tire but airing them up just so I keep it sitting level in the garage (between rides) is a pain in the ass!
I had the same problem once, ended up sold them for what i could get and went to bfgs. They seem to get worse with time, movement where the bead ring isn't clamping only increases the leakage.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
terrabytes are known not to seal with beadlocks.....

not sure if they changed the design lately to thicken the bead area up for improved for use with beadlocks

they are fine without beadlocks

Deacon38

Deacon38

Dec 7, 2022
Parker Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
New 32x10x15 terrabite tires on ITP cyclone 15x7 wheels

20230106 113900 20221221 112612

Deacon38

Deacon38

Dec 7, 2022
Parker Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
Did you have to do anything to the suspension? If not, does it rub anywhere? I've got 30-15x10 Terribite tires and thinking I may go to 32" if there's no issues.
Everything is fine. They fit perfect on my buggy. I went back and forth on 30's or 32's and went with the 32's. Think I'll be glad I did. Friend of mine has same machine only 2019 and he's been running 32's for a while

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Did you have to do anything to the suspension? If not, does it rub anywhere? I've got 30-15x10 Terribite tires and thinking I may go to 32" if there's no issues.

Everything is fine. They fit perfect on my buggy. I went back and forth on 30's or 32's and went with the 32's. Think I'll be glad I did. Friend of mine has same machine only 2019 and he's been running 32's for a while
fwiw: Bob Farrell has an X. Some 32's rub under some conditions on the X but not on an R (assuming near stock offsets). I could live with lite interference on occasion as long as it wasn't locking up a tire at a bad time. Both of you ride in AZ and ground clearance can be a priority.

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
What offset wheels did you use?

F

FOG

Dec 19, 2021
Orange County
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. w/Turbo
Sta-Flo starch works as a tire sealant. I’ve been using it for about the last 5 years in my tires for dune riding. Prior to the starch I used other sealants like Berrymans or a mixture of Aluma-Seal and radiator coolant. They all work but starch is cheaper.
I picked up a nail on my sand rail tire, pulled the nail out and the starch sealed the leak.

Reactions: CID
peekaa

peekaa

Aug 4, 2020
So Cal
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hi all, any reason noboby is running 28's which is stock? Im looking at the Kanati Mongrel in 28's or 30's.Heard from a few stay with 28's since thats what honda developed em with. Stock 2020 talon 4 fox live mostly desert riding with some sharp rocks or sand. Thanks...

F

FOG

Dec 19, 2021
Orange County
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. w/Turbo
Hi all, any reason noboby is running 28's which is stock? Im looking at the Kanati Mongrel in 28's or 30's.Heard from a few stay with 28's since thats what honda developed em with. Stock 2020 talon 4 fox live mostly desert riding with some sharp rocks or sand. Thanks...
More ground clearance. Taller sidewall less chance of a pinch flat with lower air pressure.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yep, the Talon should have come stock with 32’s (and geared for them internally), the new minimum standard IMO. I run 30’s because that’s about max for my extreme elevations, there are times I can barely turn the 30’s, over a vertical step for instance. I’m riding with some guys in Moab and was told the 30’s will cause me some problems. How much remains to be seen but they both came from 30’s, now on 32’s.

Last edited:
A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I don't run stock or aftermarket 28s because they look too small and the 4 seaters look even worse with stock tires. I run 30" Kanati Mongrels and I like them so far. A lot of pavement riding and hardly any wear after 2000 miles

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!